Options

secure digital

toolmantoolman Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited February 15, 2004 in Accessories
Wow, I just found this web site, while looking for advice on memory card. But I ended up spending 1 hour just looking at the photos and reading great posts... You guys have a great crowd here.

Anyway, I just got my first camera ever (at age of 23, kinda sad), and it's kodak dx6340. I've spend only few days taking picures, but soon relized that I can't get far with internal memory.

So I was looking at 128mb secure digital cards. Maybe even 256mb. At first I was just looking for the best price, but then I've seen a lot of bad comments about some cards, and loss of great shots.

So my question is, which SD card do you recomend, and do you know of any good place to find the right price.

Thanks everyone, and soon I'll be posting my first photos ever.
toolman

Comments

• Options
    DeaconDeacon Registered Users Posts: 239 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2004
    Good Resource Site
    Go to DPReview for many hours of information. It is a wealth of knowledge, reviews, comparison etc.
    Deacon
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2004
    Toolman, weclome aboard. Dunno anything about SD cards. But I would say to shop for brand and not for price in an emerging technology. And dpreview is a great site. Do a search of their forums for "secure digital" and you'll see some threads. Some folks seem to be hung up on getting the fastest card... you might try to see if you really need a fast card for your cam, at 3 megapixels you might not need to spend the extra. ne_nau.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au