Zeiss Contessa

DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
edited January 27, 2007 in Cameras
I spent some time with one of these this weekend, a Zeiss/Ikon Contessa 35. What a cool camera - it's amazing to see a mechanical device like this. The one I was playing with was the 1953-1955 vintage, with the "compu-syncho shutter". It had a coupled rangefinder and an uncoupled light meter.

Shutter still works like a dream, with that sweet sound as the timer runs. It's fitted with a Zeiss 45mm f/2.8 lens. I wasn't able to run any film through it, but maybe if I'm lucky I'll get a chance this summer.:wink

Did any of you guys have one back in the day?

Comments

• DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited January 16, 2007
    I have an old Russian rangefinder. I don't even know where to begin with it! lol3.gif

neat little device, for sure.

(btw, the package was delivered successfully... :D thanks)
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2007
    thumb.gif
  • claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2007
    Nice. I have been looking at folders myself (6x6 MF ones though like the Agfa Isolettes or MF Ikontas). From the research I've done so far, it looks like that one has all the goodies available at the time.
  • JusticeiroJusticeiro Registered Users Posts: 1,177 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2007
    Lugging my pentacon around is quite a pain- I've really been thinking about getting a folder or an old TLR. Anybody got a Flexaret for sale?
    Cave ab homine unius libri
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2007
    Looks too small...I think I would drop it. eek7.gif
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    I spent some time with one of these this weekend, a Zeiss/Ikon Contessa 35. What a cool camera - it's amazing to see a mechanical device like this. The one I was playing with was the 1953-1955 vintage, with the "compu-syncho shutter". It had a coupled rangefinder and an uncoupled light meter.

Shutter still works like a dream, with that sweet sound as the timer runs. It's fitted with a Zeiss 45mm f/2.8 lens. I wasn't able to run any film through it, but maybe if I'm lucky I'll get a chance this summer.mwink.gif

Did any of you guys have one back in the day?
  • seawolf66seawolf66 Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited January 27, 2007
    But being small it fits into you coat pocket very nicely, I just got myself one just in case the DSLR needs to be serviced and then I have the Zeiss Ikon Contessa to use
    mine has the 50mm F2.8 the reason I got this one It was my first camera I bought when I was In the Navy: But They Produce nice fotos, use it on a tripod Oh yes get a good Light Meter:ivar :ivar
    Seneca wrote:
    Looks too small...I think I would drop it. eek7.gif
    seawolf66-

“the farther back we look the farther forward we see.”—A. Theodore Kachel
    http://www.lauren-macintosh.com