Wine shop

kjskjs Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
edited January 16, 2007 in Holy Macro
I took this shot at a local wine shop. What do you think? I have done no editing. It's one of those shots that I like, but I'm not sure what to do with! Thanks for your comments and critiques! :D

121804875-L.jpg

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2007
    Nice
    may be including more part of label headscratch.gif
    How much this bottol costs ? i heard more old more costly is that true ?
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2007
    kjs wrote:
    I took this shot at a local wine shop. What do you think? I have done no editing. It's one of those shots that I like, but I'm not sure what to do with! Thanks for your comments and critiques! :D

I like the tones in the shot, but I am inclinded to agree with Awais about showing more of the label........ I can see why you like it :D ... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • kjskjs Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited January 16, 2007
    Thanks for your comments, Awais and Skippy! The little green cards on the right side give the name of the wine, price, etc... Do you think reshooting so that those green cards are more visible? (different angle to show bottles and green price cards). When you say "label", I keep thinking the label affixed to the bottle. This wine shop is only about a mile from my house... I stopped there after a photography exhibit and nature shoot with a fellow dgrinner! :D She had to go home, it started raining/sleeting outside, but I was really in the mood to shoot more, so I stopped at this wine shop for a bowl of soup and a beer! The place is actually kind of dark, but there are some great spotlights over the wine racks that gave the bottles a nice glow.

Thanks again!!

Kim
  • Scotty_RScotty_R Registered Users Posts: 108 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2007
    I like the shot just the way it is...the shot is more about the concept of wine, rather than an adverisement for a particular bottle of wine, so the "label" issue doesn't really bother me--I could care less what the label on the first bottle actually says. I really like the shallow depth of field--it adds mystery to the shot, making me wonder what else is in the rack. If you were ot reshoot it, I think I'd remove the green discription tags on the front of the rack...they really don't add anything to the shot and I'm left wondering what the heck they are. All in all, a very interesting shot.
    Scotty
  • ed_hed_h Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2007
    I like it, like the short DOF and coloring. I feel the position of the bottle is right if turned for the camera it would give me a feeling that it had been posed. If this had been my image i think i would have looked for a bottle with a bit more contrast on the label.
    Nice picture
    cheers
    A dog is for life, not just Christmas
    http://www.dogshome.org.au/