World's largest Mosque HDR try

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited January 21, 2007 in Holy Macro
Today i went there for HDR try . this is Shah Faisal Mosque built by Saudi Arabia for Pakistanis .4 minartes are holding the internal structure and it is made like a desert arab tent . every metalalic inside mosque's main hall including on top of minarets is Gold plated :huh other 2 are not HDR
123584329-L.jpg

Shot through brown tinted glass yes those all metal things are gold plated
123581173-L.jpg

A huge Holy Quran and people offering prayers . Cameras are not allowed inside mosque's main hall . there is a lot of calligraphy inside you can see wall in background .
123581945-L.jpg

You may be thinking all decoration is cumpuslory for prayers or for mosque no it is not so

You can see old images of same mosque non HDR and other islamic architecture here
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2007
    Today i went there for HDR try . this is Shah Faisal Mosque built by Saudi Arabia for Pakistanis .4 minartes are holding the internal structure and it is made like a desert arab tent . every metalalic inside mosque's main hall including on top of minarets is Gold plated eek7.gif other 2 are not HDR
    Shot through brown tinted glass yes those all metal things are gold plated

A huge Holy Quran and people offering prayers . Cameras are not allowed inside mosque's main hall . there is a lot of calligraphy inside you can see wall in background .
    You may be thinking all decoration is cumpuslory for prayers or for mosque no it is not so
    You can see old images of same mosque non HDR and other islamic architecture here
    Hi Awais, what an amazing building, love the light that hangs in the second image.....thanks you for sharing your culture with us :D ... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2007
    Skippy wrote:
    Hi Awais, what an amazing building, love the light that hangs in the second image.....thanks you for sharing your culture with us :D ... Skippy

Thanks Skippy always love to hear from you :D
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • mmrodenmmroden Registered Users Posts: 472 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2007
    very cool! I can never seem to get HDR to work right at night, especially around light blooms. Good job on yours :)
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited January 17, 2007
    great shot Awais!

do you want to share your HDR processing and shooting technique with us? ear.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

edited January 17, 2007
    Thanks

Its so simple

Take several photos at different exposure very bright to very dark. Put all photos into HDR merger. I used photoshop merger. Which gave very drastic results with too much contrast just click OK and then it gives options of gamma etc adjust them and photo will trun sweet slowly

I used trial version of Photomatix it is so sweet! Gave cool result automatically!

My tripod is really pathetic it moves with every slightest wind or touch .Auto photo alignment fixed that problem. if your camera can go less then 1/8 in bracketing it will do the job without touching camera again and again .

I don’t know what is differences in dslr in exposure controls I used H5 with limited bracketing function.

this was done with 4 photos at 8 sec 4 sec 2 sec and 1 sec thumb.gif

I hope you understand :D

My Gallery
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2007
    headscratch.gif Ok you lost me after you said..."Its so simple..." rolleyes1.gif

Just kidding...nonetheless...your photos area always so beautiful!

Thanks

Its so simple

Take several photos at different exposure very bright to very dark. Put all photos into HDR merger. I used photoshop merger. Which gave very drastic results with too much contrast just click OK and then it gives options of gamma etc adjust them and photo will trun sweet slowly

I used trial version of Photomatix it is so sweet! Gave cool result automatically!

My tripod is really pathetic it moves with every slightest wind or touch .Auto photo alignment fixed that problem. if your camera can go less then 1/8 in bracketing it will do the job without touching camera again and again .

I don’t know what is differences in dslr in exposure controls I used H5 with limited bracketing function.

this was done with 4 photos at 8 sec 4 sec 2 sec and 1 sec thumb.gif

I hope you understand :D
    edited January 17, 2007
    Seneca wrote:
    headscratch.gif Ok you lost me after you said..."Its so simple..." rolleyes1.gif

Just kidding...nonetheless...your photos area always so beautiful!
    :D
    Thanks Senece
    its so simple ....Should i explain it again ? :D

My Gallery
  • ultravoxultravox Registered Users Posts: 776 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2007
    Thank you Awais for the getting me "inside" Shah Faisal. clap.gif
    Best regards.
    Cristian.
    [SIZE=-1]It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. - John Lennon.[/SIZE]
    edited January 18, 2007
    ultravox wrote:
    Thank you Awais for the getting me "inside" Shah Faisal. clap.gif
    Best regards.
    No problem Cristian you are always welcome

My Gallery
  • JGDJGD Registered Users Posts: 315 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2007
    That Building and the shot are both very impressive clap.gif

Jim
    Jim Green Canon 5D: Proceed W/Caution, I tend to get carried Away:dunno
    http://jgdesigns.smugmug.com/
    edited January 18, 2007
    JGD wrote:
    That Building and the shot are both very impressive clap.gif

Jim

Thanks a lot Jim i am glad you loved them

My Gallery
  • SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2007
    Nice Awais ... both the structure and your photo. For my tastes the shot has too much blue (maybe if the sky was a darker blue for contrast)... I really like the red shot with the black sky which is in your gallery. When I see your photos ... I ache to visit places like Pakistan which has such different photographic opportunites than found in Los Angeles ... I was just wondering if people in other countries felt the same way ... that they desire to travel to the United States for the unusual photo opps not found at home ... Or is the US considered bland and boring?

Gary
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
    edited January 20, 2007
    Seefutlung wrote:
    Nice Awais ... both the structure and your photo. For my tastes the shot has too much blue (maybe if the sky was a darker blue for contrast)... I really like the red shot with the black sky which is in your gallery. When I see your photos ... I ache to visit places like Pakistan which has such different photographic opportunites than found in Los Angeles ... I was just wondering if people in other countries felt the same way ... that they desire to travel to the United States for the unusual photo opps not found at home ... Or is the US considered bland and boring?

Gary

Thanks Gary
    Yes Pakistanis love to travel around the only reason they don't is Budget that is very low and getting visa of USA UK is very very difficult so no one try for only taking photos :D Just for study or earning good money .
    say 1000$ is just a ticket from Pakistan to USA and in 1000$ you can travel from one corner of Pakistan to other watching everything in Pakistan eek7.gif.
    I have not seen a single Pakistani who goes abroad just for visiting or for fun :D
    No Pakistanis don't consider those countries boring they admire it .Definatly there are issues everywhere :D
    If you are serious to visit Pakistan someday let me know ! lets plan thumb.gif

My Gallery
  • BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2007
    Great shots Awais! The blue doesn't bug me at all, it adds to the mood.

I always thought that the Blue Mosque in Istanbul was the biggest outside of Mecca??

http://bigal-sa.smugmug.com/photos/102360137-M.jpg
    edited January 20, 2007
    BigAl wrote:
    Great shots Awais! The blue doesn't bug me at all, it adds to the mood.

I always thought that the Blue Mosque in Istanbul was the biggest outside of Mecca??

http://bigal-sa.smugmug.com/photos/102360137-M.jpg

Thanks big Faisal Mosque is largest then comes Badshahi mosque in Lahore Pakistan which was built in Mughal time
    Turkey have most beautiful mosques . Faisal mosque was designed by Turkish Architect thumb.gif

My Gallery
  • DalantechDalantech Registered Users Posts: 1,519 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2007
    I like the exposure in the first image Awais! thumb.gif
    My SmugMug Gallery

Looking for tips on macro photography? Check out my Blog: No Cropping Zone.
    edited January 21, 2007
    Dalantech wrote:
    I like the exposure in the first image Awais! thumb.gif

Thanks Dalan HDR is really fun !

My Gallery