01/16/2007 Emergency Maintenance - 22:00-03:00 PST

WirelessWireless Registered Users Posts: 162 Major grins
edited January 22, 2007 in SmugMug Support
We will be performing maintenance this evening beginning Tuesday 16 January 2007 at 22:00 until Wednesday 17 January 2007 at 03:00 PST. We should be done within an hour, however we might need the entire window if things don't go as smoothly as we'd like.

We apologize for the late notice, however our plans are being accelerated due to the hardware issues we had last night. Also, we hope to deploy a major new release towards the end of the week, and would like to ensure all database related problems are solved prior to any additional change.

We will post updates to this thread once we get under way, as well as an all-clear once we are done.

Thanks for your patience and understanding!

Comments

• WirelessWireless Registered Users Posts: 162 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2007
    Note we've commenced this, but have been successful (so far) in keeping this behind the scenes. :)
  • devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited January 17, 2007
    Wireless wrote:
    Note we've commenced this, but have been successful (so far) in keeping this behind the scenes. :)

great stuff mate thumb.gif
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • DKS photographyDKS photography Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited January 17, 2007
    How is it travelling?
    ne_nau.gif I just tried to upload some shots and can't see them on my site. Are you guys having any probs?
    Make em good'n sharp
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2007
    ne_nau.gif I just tried to upload some shots and can't see them on my site. Are you guys having any probs?
    Hi DKS (and others) ,
    We're still working on the system, i'm sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for you patience.
  • The_ScroopThe_Scroop Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited January 17, 2007
    Lol, I guess this is just one disadvantage of being in Australia. Your off peak is out peak period of the day :p
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2007
    Just a suggestion for the future
    First off, let me say that I appreciate the notice of the outage that was provided - makes things a bit nicer.

I do, however, have a suggestion for the future. The page that is displayed when one attempts to access a smugmug account has a link in it. Good idea. The link, however, might better serve the majority of the causual users if it pointed to the "progress" thread rather than to the SmugMug Support forum. For example, it could point here rather than to here. This might reduce the confusion for some users - No?

Bottom line - this outage is a lot less painful than the last. Thanks. I for one really appreciate all the hard work you guys/gals do to keep things up, running, and sweet!clap.gif
  • wellmanwellman Registered Users Posts: 961 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2007
    Wireless wrote:
    Also, we hope to deploy a major new release towards the end of the week

Now this is music to my ears! clap.gif
  • TakedaTakeda Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited January 17, 2007
    It's about 3:45PST, and smugmug is still down.....it must not have gone well.....
    Bob
    http://bob-ayers.smugmug.com

D70, D300, 18 70mm, 70 300mm, 85mm f/1.4, 105mm f/2.8VR, 17 55mm f/2.8, 70 200mm f/2.8VR
  • KvPhotoKvPhoto Registered Users Posts: 364 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2007
    It is 7:20am EST, Smugmug is still down, any ideas on when it will be back?ne_nau.gif
    Thanks!
  • Kevin L. KitchensKevin L. Kitchens Registered Users Posts: 149 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2007
    KvPhoto wrote:
    It is 7:20am EST, Smugmug is still down, any ideas on when it will be back?ne_nau.gif
    Thanks!

When smugmug is down, my site is down as well. We're heading into peak time now and nothing.

Please update ETA ASAP.
    Kevin L. Kitchens
    "Know me through my lens."
    My smugmug: http://peiklk.smugmug.com
    My site: http://www.photographyvoice.com [POTD, Blog, News, & more!]
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2007
    Things should be back to normal, I'm hitting sites without difficulty. Please let us know if you experience problems.
  • Kevin L. KitchensKevin L. Kitchens Registered Users Posts: 149 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Things should be back to normal, I'm hitting sites without difficulty. Please let us know if you experience problems.

Thanks Andy. Things are now back up and running.
    Kevin L. Kitchens
    "Know me through my lens."
    My smugmug: http://peiklk.smugmug.com
    My site: http://www.photographyvoice.com [POTD, Blog, News, & more!]
    edited January 17, 2007
    First off, let me say that I appreciate the notice of the outage that was provided - makes things a bit nicer.

I do, however, have a suggestion for the future. The page that is displayed when one attempts to access a smugmug account has a link in it. Good idea. The link, however, might better serve the majority of the causual users if it pointed to the "progress" thread rather than to the SmugMug Support forum. For example, it could point here rather than to here. This might reduce the confusion for some users - No?

Bottom line - this outage is a lot less painful than the last. Thanks. I for one really appreciate all the hard work you guys/gals do to keep things up, running, and sweet!clap.gif
    Looks to me like the system message goes to this thread ne_nau.gif
  • grannyrobingrannyrobin Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Looks to me like the system message goes to this thread ne_nau.gif
    It looks to me as though the system message goes to this thread, too. Earlier this morning, however, it looked to me as though it did NOT.

So you would have had to try it earlier today Andy. While Ivar says sleep is over-rated, I think even you need some rest.
    -grannyrobin
    edited January 17, 2007
    It looks to me as though the system message goes to this thread, too. Earlier this morning, however, it looked to me as though it did NOT.

So you would have had to try it earlier today Andy. While Ivar says sleep is over-rated, I think even you need some rest.
    -grannyrobin

lol3.gif okey dokey then!
    edited January 17, 2007

-grannyrobin
    Thanks for the confirmation. When I read Andy's response I started to think I had made yet another mistake - I mean, how often is Andy wrong? Glad to know that I didn't goof it - at least not this time.
    edited January 17, 2007
    I mean, how often is Andy wrong?

According to SWMBO, plenty lol3.gif
    edited January 18, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    According to SWMBO, plenty lol3.gif
    Around the home-front, that may be, but I have yet to see you blunder in any significant way around here.

Disclaimer: I don't, yet, know Andy and I've not met him. Look forward to that changing in Sept!
  • superdiversuperdiver Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited January 22, 2007
    I cant figure out how to link photos from my smugmug site to other forums...is that part missing, moved or what am I missing...?
  • devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited January 22, 2007
    superdiver wrote:
    I cant figure out how to link photos from my smugmug site to other forums...is that part missing, moved or what am I missing...?

superdiver,

the forums link is now renamed "Share" and located in the breadcrumb next to the slideshow button.

If you can't see it, it's most likely that your customisation is hiding it, if so read this.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos