wlrivwlriv Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
edited January 17, 2007 in Holy Macro
i dont even know what HDR means, but this pic is amazing. taken from boingboing

http://flickr.com/photos/altus/322152193/ :clap

Comments

• jsedlakjsedlak Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2007
    wlriv wrote:
    i dont even know what HDR means, but this pic is amazing. taken from boingboing

http://flickr.com/photos/altus/322152193/ clap.gif

High Dynamic Range.

In photography it relates to both the camera's ability to get a larger difference between minimum and maximum exposure. The bigger the gap, the more that is in correct exposure. Unfortunately most cameras (if not all) have a small dynamic range, which means less things in correct exposure.

By combining multiple photos at different exposures you can get an image with multiple objects in perfect exposure.

In games HDRL (High Dynamic Range Lighting) usually refers to a similar effect, but also to the bloom effect that allows light to bend around 3D objects and create more realistic situations for the player.
  • wlrivwlriv Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited January 17, 2007
    jsedlak wrote:
    High Dynamic Range.

In photography it relates to both the camera's ability to get a larger difference between minimum and maximum exposure. The bigger the gap, the more that is in correct exposure. Unfortunately most cameras (if not all) have a small dynamic range, which means less things in correct exposure.

By combining multiple photos at different exposures you can get an image with multiple objects in perfect exposure.

In games HDRL (High Dynamic Range Lighting) usually refers to a similar effect, but also to the bloom effect that allows light to bend around 3D objects and create more realistic situations for the player.

very cool, thanks for the mini-lesson. i wish that more of this stuff made sense to me. im learning bit by bit :ivar