Options

pro pricing.

Aaron WilsonAaron Wilson Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
edited January 12, 2005 in SmugMug Support
I know you can set the pricing of a photo, gallaries and even a portfolleo ( i'm bad on spelling). What I would love is to have a option to be able to add or have like 4 preset pricing lists. That way in stead of doing a custom gallerey price you can use a preset name (custom name would also be great). for example you can have like familey... have it with no or very little mark up. But you may not always want to keep a family gallery. But it's always a shame to make one, set the pricing and loose that pricing when it's deleted. And then a months later add back the same gallery with diffrent pics... but then your back to square 1 on setting the prices again... so if we had picture, gallery, protfollio, and maybe 2 to 4 custom pricing (editable names) that would be a big time saver. 1drink.gif
www.dipphoto.com
All feed back is welcomed!!

http://www.dipphoto.com/

:lust :lust

Comments

• Options
    landrumlandrum Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2005
    You can. You can set up your default pricing for all galleries (I use this for my regular prices). Then for each gallery you have the option of changing the pricing for just the gallery. When you are doing that, there is a quick pricing option (i forget the exact name) that allows you to copy the pricing from another gallery.

I have two other price points, and I only had to set up one once, then I copy pricing from a particular gallery based on what I'm doing. Easy.
    Laurie :smooch

www.PhotoByLaurie.com
  • Options
    edited January 12, 2005
    I have been able to transfer pricing from one gallery to another but the problem I have come accross is when I delete the gallery that the pricing started from all the ghalleries that had that pricing loose it.
    www.dipphoto.com

• Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2005
    I have been able to transfer pricing from one gallery to another but the problem I have come accross is when I delete the gallery that the pricing started from all the ghalleries that had that pricing loose it.

This brings up an interesting question, then. If I use the pricing of gallery A to create the pricing of gallery B, then I change the prices of gallery A later, does that automatically change the pricing of gallery B?

Try this as a work-around, Aaron. Lets say you have three pricing tiers. Make three private galleries, and price each gallery accordingly. Now, use one of these private galleries to price your public galleries. And never delete one of these private galleries.

In other words, don't use a gallery that may disappear to price another gallery. Make sense?

I think this might actually be a pretty powerful way to manage pricing.
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • Options
    edited January 12, 2005
    Ty
    yes that is a good idea... Im one that hates to have usless folders or galleries but that sounds like that would be the best way to do it. I think that is what i'll do.. make a gallery and price it then maybe keep 1 photo in it and use it to price other galleries.
    www.dipphoto.com

• Options
    landrumlandrum Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2005
    mercphoto wrote:
    This brings up an interesting question, then. If I use the pricing of gallery A to create the pricing of gallery B, then I change the prices of gallery A later, does that automatically change the pricing of gallery B?

Try this as a work-around, Aaron. Lets say you have three pricing tiers. Make three private galleries, and price each gallery accordingly. Now, use one of these private galleries to price your public galleries. And never delete one of these private galleries.

In other words, don't use a gallery that may disappear to price another gallery. Make sense?

I think this might actually be a pretty powerful way to manage pricing.
    That was my next suggestion! thumb.gif
    Laurie :smooch

www.PhotoByLaurie.com
  • Options
    onethumbonethumb Administrators Posts: 1,269 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2005

Nope, this shouldn't be a problem. When you transfer pricing from another gallery, all you're doing is copying the pricing. It's a one-time event.

The pricing isn't tied to the other gallery, and you can adjust both independently, or even delete one, and the pricing remains.

Don