Curse thee oh W-2s where art thou !!!

cwphotoscwphotos Registered Users Posts: 763 Major grins
edited February 27, 2007 in Cameras
All I need is my blasted W-2s so I can send in for my tax return and enjoy ordering my long awaited 70-200 f/2.8 IS Lens !!!! Why must the wait be so long !!! :cry
====My Gear=====
Canon 5D Mk.2/Grip || Canon 7D Backup
17-40 f/4L || 70-200 f/2.8L IS || 100mm f/2.8L Macro || 24-70mm f/2.8L
Wedding Photographer
www.cwphotos.net

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2007
    cwphotos wrote:
    All I need is my blasted W-2s so I can send in for my tax return and enjoy ordering my long awaited 70-200 f/2.8 IS Lens !!!! Why must the wait be so long !!! :cry
    W-2's huhhh.....headscratch.gif you americans sure love your W forms.
  • rjpatrjpat Registered Users Posts: 248 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2007
    We hate the W forms, it is the IRS that loves them. mwink.gif
    Ron

We never know how something we say, do, or think today, will effect the lives of millions tomorrow....BJ Palmer
  • Jane B.Jane B. Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2007
    One of many reports being prepared
    I have no sympathy for this attitude. I do know is seems longer when you are waiting for yours then if you are the one frantically trying to get the whole companies' prepared and balanced. If it was actually late it would be a different matter (they are not due until the end of the month). It is obvious that you are not a bookkeeper and/or accountant! There are a tremendous amount of forms that are due within that one month at the start of the year, not just your W-2. I don't know where your payroll is prepared but this year there have also been a tremendous number of places with power outages that would keep them from doing them.

I worked as a bookkeeper for a construction company for over 33 years and always had mixed feelings about the holidays because I knew of all the reports that I would have to get prepared and balanced within the few weeks that are in January.
  • PoseidonPoseidon Registered Users Posts: 504 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2007
    Jane B. wrote:
    I have no sympathy for this attitude. I do know is seems longer when you are waiting for yours then if you are the one frantically trying to get the whole companies' prepared and balanced. If it was actually late it would be a different matter (they are not due until the end of the month). It is obvious that you are not a bookkeeper and/or accountant! There are a tremendous amount of forms that are due within that one month at the start of the year, not just your W-2. I don't know where your payroll is prepared but this year there have also been a tremendous number of places with power outages that would keep them from doing them.

I worked as a bookkeeper for a construction company for over 33 years and always had mixed feelings about the holidays because I knew of all the reports that I would have to get prepared and balanced within the few weeks that are in January.

Wow Jane! I don't think cwphoto's is implying that anyone is not doing the best they can to prepare the report. I am sure that there are several hundred thousand people anxiously awaiting the W-2 form so that they can get at the Uncle Sam's no interest saving account that so many use.

I am awaiting my W-2 as well, I want to pay off my Jeep! ;)
    Mike LaPorte
    Perfect Pix
  • cwphotoscwphotos Registered Users Posts: 763 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2007
    eek7.gif Whoa.....I was just saying...... Trying to vent my anxious mind.....

Sorry.
    ====My Gear=====
    Canon 5D Mk.2/Grip || Canon 7D Backup
    17-40 f/4L || 70-200 f/2.8L IS || 100mm f/2.8L Macro || 24-70mm f/2.8L
    Wedding Photographer
    www.cwphotos.net
  • HeldDownHeldDown Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2007
    Don't worry, you don't have to apologize. It was your throat that got jumped down :P
    I'm eagerly awaiting a tax return as well... planning a vacation and I could really use the cash! :P
    imageNATION
    SEEING THE WORLD IN A WHOLE NEW LIGHT...
    http://www.imag-e-nation.net
  • S_LeeperS_Leeper Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited January 18, 2007
    If you file electronically you can usually get by without your W-2... just use your last pay stub...

My company is sending them out this weekend, but my mortgage company sold my mortgage in December... I got my 1099 for the first 11 months, but now have to wait for Dec's amount...

When you do get file your form by early Feb & you'll be using your new lens before March.
    I take lots of pictures--sometimes I make a photograph.

http://leeper.smugmug.com/
  • bobcoolbobcool Registered Users Posts: 271 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2007
    Jane B. wrote:

Wow Jane, he was only sharing how anxious he was to get his refund process started. Loosen up - go take a photograph or something...
  • CasonCason Registered Users Posts: 414 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2007
    Simmer down!
    Jane B. wrote:

Cason

www.casongarner.com

5D MkII | 30D | 50mm f1.8 II | 85mm f1.8 | 24-70mm f2.8
    L | 70-200mm f2.8L IS II | Manfrotto 3021BPRO with 322RC2
  • Jane B.Jane B. Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2007
    Sorry about that
    It seems that we were both taken as more upset then we really were.

I will admit though that this kind of thing is a pet peeve of mine. Most of it comes for who I was having to prepare payroll for and their lack of understanding of what all is involved in the process. I even had one gal that I would hear from if the regular weekly check was a few hours late and sometimes it was a day because job superintendents in the field lost track of what day of the week it was (especially if a holiday was involved) and didn't get hours turned in for their crew.

I have never been able to do my own in January because of not getting some 1099's until the end of the month and k-1's from partnership even later.

Peace
    Jane
  • jdryan3jdryan3 Registered Users Posts: 1,353 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2007
    Of course, you could adjust your withholding so you paid a token amount in April. The Feds are so good about including the interest you earned all year long while they held your money when sending you your refund!
    rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    "Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to. Oh well."
    -Fleetwood Mac
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2007
    cwphotos wrote:

rolleyes1.gif yep they're always quick to take it off you or penalize you for being late, but soon as its in your favour it's a different story :D

Just be patient it will come when it gets there and not before rolleyes1.gif ... Skip
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • KvPhotoKvPhoto Registered Users Posts: 364 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2007
    I have my W2 but have to wait to file :cry The government screwed up my birthday and I now got it fixed but they have to verify it even though I brought them the birth certificate! UGH. At least I will finally get to file electronically. :)