First studio shoot

rjpatrjpat Registered Users Posts: 248 Major grins
edited January 19, 2007 in People
Just a couple of shots from my first real shoot (ie non-family) in my new studio. C&C always welcome.

123809758-L.jpg

123810519-L.jpg

You can see the rest of the shots here
Ron

We never know how something we say, do, or think today, will effect the lives of millions tomorrow....BJ Palmer

Comments

• SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2007
    Great shots...very pretty model you have there.
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2007
    These seem a bit underexposed to me.
    A curve can fix it. :)
  • illuminati919illuminati919 Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2007
    Theres alot of shadows across her face, but good composition.
    ~~~www.markoknezevic.com~~~

Setup: One camera, one lens, and one roll of film.
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2007
    The poses are nice and creative. In my book (for what ever that might be worth) I believe you have done well. Here are some suggestions to improve:
    • Have the model take her weight OFF the arm. Doing this will allow the model's tricept to relax a bit and not be so prominent. It will also lower the shoulders, especially in the second shot.
    • If an appendage has a joint, bend it. With a female mode, this doesn't necessarily apply. It is usually more graceful for female fingers to remain mostly straight and elongated rather than making a fist (see your #14 in the gallery.
    With the lighting:
    • You've put some huge shadows on her face. It appears your side lighting is too far to the side (see next comment). If this is what you were going for, you were successful. However, typical portraiture should avoid this as a portrait is all about the face.
    • Consider placing your main light, suitable diffused, close and about 45 degrees above level and to her right, about 45 degrees off the plane of her face. Place a fill on camera-model axis and about 1 to 2 stops less exposure. This combination will well light her face while still allowing pleasing shadows for depth and character.
    I hope this helps some.
  • PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2007
    Hi, rjpat

The background seems to bright in the first photo.
    I like the second photo.
    I like both poses.

Take Care,
    Charles,
    http://www.modellocate.com/action/goto/uid=4447
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com