Upload Color Issues

pelewatcherpelewatcher Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited January 18, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I love Smugmug, but have one nagging issue that bugs me. When I upload images sometimes the smugmug version ends up with a hue that is more vivid than the image that I processed on my computer. This seems to happen mostly with reds. For example a red bird ends up on Smug Mug as too red.

The images that I am posting are PS processed JPG conversions from RAW. Does anyone have any suggestions about what is wrong?

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2007
    I love Smugmug, but have one nagging issue that bugs me. When I upload images sometimes the smugmug version ends up with a hue that is more vivid than the image that I processed on my computer. This seems to happen mostly with reds. For example a red bird ends up on Smug Mug as too red.

The images that I am posting are PS processed JPG conversions from RAW. Does anyone have any suggestions about what is wrong?

Hi and welcome! wave.gif

What color space are you processing your images in? What is your monitor setup, and your workflow? Describe more please. How are you viewing your photos on your computer? What browser do you use? How are you uploading?

Finally - what's your SmugMug site so we can see some examples - please put it in your profile, You! upper left Dgrin screen :)

Links to photos that are too-red in your eyes would help immensely.

Thanks!
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2007
    Isolate whether it's your setup or Smugmug

The very first thing to check is to figure out if it's something that Smugmug is doing to the image or a difference between your browser and Photoshop. To do this take an image exactly as you uploaded it to Smugmug (e.g. the exact same file) and view it from your hard disk in your regular browser. If it shows the same issue as you see on Smugmug, then there is something in your post processing or your configuration that is causing the difference. If the local file copy does not show the issue, then it could be something that is happening after upload.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question