tea for one

christulkchristulk Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
edited January 20, 2007 in People
I'm posting these to see if I can use the 'link' function - I've been using the attachment process until now, so hopefully this works....3,2,1...LINK!
66824220-M.jpg68824108-M.jpg
C&C always welcomed.

Cheers

Chris

http://christulk.smugmug.com

'alot' is two words "a_______lot":D

Comments

• SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2007
    Looks like he's trying to decide off a menu...and whatever he ordered, he now has chocolate all over his face.

Beautiful child Chris!thumb.gif
  • christulkchristulk Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2007
    Seneca wrote:
    Looks like he's trying to decide off a menu...and whatever he ordered, he now has chocolate all over his face.

Beautiful child Chris!thumb.gif

Thanks Seneca, I think so..perhaps a little biased
    iloveyou.gif
    C&C always welcomed.

Cheers

Chris

• thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2007
    For me the first shot is just so perfect. The background is very nice and unique without being distracting. The light is very nice on the child. The child seems very creative and happy and playing grown up which is very adorable. The only thing about it that I don't find very appealing is the amount of room in the picture given over to the over exposed window. Other than that its a very engaging shot.
    Good job.
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com
    edited January 19, 2007
    For me the first shot is just so perfect. The background is very nice and unique without being distracting. The light is very nice on the child. The child seems very creative and happy and playing grown up which is very adorable. The only thing about it that I don't find very appealing is the amount of room in the picture given over to the over exposed window. Other than that its a very engaging shot.
    Good job.
    Ashley

Thanks Ashley,

I agree with you about the window, I did try cropping it, but then I think it lost the size aspect - little kid in a big world - kinda stuff.

Really appreciate your thoughts - good things to keep in mind for the next photo.

Thanks
    C&C always welcomed.

Cheers

Chris

• frankiejrfrankiejr Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited January 20, 2007
    Both shots are great but I really, really love the first one.

thegreenegg was right on saying "happy and playing grown up". The feel is exactly that. I just LOVE the overexposed window. It gives a great feel to the photo in a way, since it doesn't pull the focus away from the subject at all.

I don't really know how to explain it, but somehow the room itself seems comfortably lit, even though it seems that at the same time it's very bright outside. That little beam of light shining perfectly over what he's holding is priceless. And I have to say this again... the fact that the window is all blown out actually adds to the photo for me, doesn't take away from anything at all. I love it; to me it brings the image closer to perfection.

I'm not so good with words but what I love about this picture is that it really puts you in the room. The red wall, the light gently casting across the table, the shade cord even seems to bring the wandering eye right back to his head. And "little kid in a big world" is right, the first thing I noticed was how his knees aren't even bent. So little in a big chair.

Okay, now for the (one) bad thing for me. I just don't like those two rings from the lens flare (one up top, just to the right of the window, and the second just below it but above and to the right of his head). In my very humble opinion, stamping out those two circles would perfect this.

Just my fourteen cents...
    .frankiejr
    i heart my image making contraptions.
  • frankiejrfrankiejr Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited January 20, 2007
    Okay, now that I see that your photos are amazing I'm going to have to get picky. Yeah, that's right. I said picky.

The second image. I love it.

Nothing is blown out. The colors are right. The expression is perfect. The hair? Yeah, seems like you hit the pause button and arranged every strand to make sure you had it right. (Oh, and while it was all paused you just happened to pull a gigantic perfectly suited backdrop out of your sock and placed it behind him.)

Damn, now I have to find something wrong with it. Okay, here it is: I read a post here recently about how a photographer who (I think, I'm new here) mainly does portraits. He said one of the things he does a lot is to specifically sharpen the eyes. Yeah, that'd make this a cover photo for me.

Rock on, Chris.

.frankiejr
    i heart my image making contraptions.
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2007
    He IS terribly adorable, you know! Wonderful captures to be savored forever!

Elaine
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
    edited January 20, 2007
    frankiejr wrote:
    Okay, now that I see that your photos are amazing I'm going to have to get picky. Yeah, that's right. I said picky.

The second image. I love it.

Nothing is blown out. The colors are right. The expression is perfect. The hair? Yeah, seems like you hit the pause button and arranged every strand to make sure you had it right. (Oh, and while it was all paused you just happened to pull a gigantic perfectly suited backdrop out of your sock and placed it behind him.)

Damn, now I have to find something wrong with it. Okay, here it is: I read a post here recently about how a photographer who (I think, I'm new here) mainly does portraits. He said one of the things he does a lot is to specifically sharpen the eyes. Yeah, that'd make this a cover photo for me.

Rock on, Chris.

.frankiejr

Thanks so much for the comments - awesome repliies!! SO glad you liked them.:D :D:D
    C&C always welcomed.

Cheers

Chris

• SitterSSitterS Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2007
    Chris love the first one. I would have this one printed for sure. Such a classic picture. He is an adorable child and those blue eyes in the second one...well you will have trouble when this gets old enough to date.

Shane
    www.imagesbyshane.smugmug.com

Blogs:
    www.imagesbyshane.blogspot.com

Canon 20d and 40d
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 85mm 1.8
    Canon 70-200L IS 2.8