Digital Download showing a price and I have no price listed?

MichaelKirkMichaelKirk Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
edited August 10, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I have a gallery set up for some sampel images that I want the person to be able to down load only. I have "zero'd" out all the pricing except the commercial download - I left these blank. Now I go into purchase photos and when I select comefcial download - there are prices listed?? I cannot seem to remove these price giving the ability to a free download. I know they can use the "Save Photo" lonk benieth the image, but I would prefer they obtain the image thru the purchase photo and read the commercial licesing agreement.

here is the gallery (password protected) Let me know fi I need to remove the password.
http://www.mlkimages.smugmug.com/gallery/2369371

Michael

Comments

• 3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2007
    Michael,

without the password we cannot see. If you remove the price from the gallery price list I'm guessing it will default to the next level up. I'm not sure of that but I also don't think it will work the way you are expecting it to operate. Removing the price doesn't give the item for free (I don't think).

I'm sure you'll get some "fine" help here real soon!

Scott
    I have a gallery set up for some sampel images that I want the person to be able to down load only. I have "zero'd" out all the pricing except the commercial download - I left these blank. Now I go into purchase photos and when I select comefcial download - there are prices listed?? I cannot seem to remove these price giving the ability to a free download. I know they can use the "Save Photo" lonk benieth the image, but I would prefer they obtain the image thru the purchase photo and read the commercial licesing agreement.

here is the gallery (password protected) Let me know fi I need to remove the password.

Michael
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2007

Michael
    You want the to be free? Then you must put them in a gallery where originals are available.

I set the Price filed to $0 for you so they aren't for sale.
  • MichaelKirkMichaelKirk Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2007
    Andy...
    When you set the price to zero they are not available for a free download and client is unable to read the commercial terms. Is there anyway to download for no charge using the purchase/cart area? I have set the originals to available.

Michael

Andy wrote:
    You want the to be free? Then you must put them in a gallery where originals are available.

I set the Price filed to $0 for you so they aren't for sale.
    edited January 19, 2007
    Is there anyway to download for no charge using the purchase/cart area? I have set the originals to available.

Michael
    No, there isn't.
    You can put your license terms in the gallery description of the "free" gallery.
  • MichaelKirkMichaelKirk Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2007
    Good Idea
    Thanks I will do just that

Michael

Andy wrote:
    No, there isn't.
    You can put your license terms in the gallery description of the "free" gallery.
  • hydehyde Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited August 10, 2007
    Reviving an old thread here but...

I'm a prospective smugmug user and I was wondering if there were any plans to allow a visitor to select multiple photos and download them all at once in some sort of bulk download.

This could conceivably be achieved by the OP's suggestion for $0 digital downloads, where one would utilize the cart system, but then this feature would be limited to PRO subscribers.

So my full question would be, would such a feature even be considered, and if so , would it fall into a PRO-only feature? I don't sell my photos but I would like some of my visitors to bulk download originals at times, and saving them one by one can quickly become tedious.

(also let me know if I should add this as a feature request to that massively long sticky that I'm currently trying to wade through)
    edited August 10, 2007
    hyde wrote:
    (also let me know if I should add this as a feature request to that massively long sticky that I'm currently trying to wade through)

Indeed you should. It's long - because our customers like to tell us what to do :D