Options

Critque Exchange

BlurmoreBlurmore Registered Users Posts: 992 Major grins
edited January 19, 2007 in Mind Your Own Business
I'm about to be honored by the wedding photography company I worked for last year on a subcontract basis. I shot 39 weddings for them my first year, and recieved photographer of the year honors (locally) from a field of about 13 photographers some with 10 years experience in the company. To keep my hopes down for winning the national prize (awarded in February) and keep me from getting full of myself, I propose a professional critque exchange with a dgrin wedding photographer.

Rules of the game:
1. Must have at least 5 years experience photographing weddings.
2. Must give access to a full gallery.
3. Must give and be willing to recieve an honest critique.

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.”- Elbert Hubbard

any takers?

Comments

• Options
    photodougphotodoug Registered Users Posts: 870 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2007
    Sounds great! I'm still making my money as a system admin, but I'm very interested in your experience during the last year "doing what you love for pay". Sounds like you had a very positive experience....I'm sure there are others that'd love to hear your 2006 BIO. clap.gif
  • Options
    BlurmoreBlurmore Registered Users Posts: 992 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2007
    photodoug wrote:
    Sounds great! I'm still making my money as a system admin, but I'm very interested in your experience during the last year "doing what you love for pay". Sounds like you had a very positive experience....I'm sure there are others that'd love to hear your 2006 BIO. clap.gif

Actually I assisted for 5 years. The pay was crappy but the experience was invaluable. This was the first year I got paid for doing the whole show. Before this year I shot 5 weddings on my own 4 with a Hasselblad (subcontracted) 1 digital which was my job. The last 2 years I assisted one of the most popular wedding photographers in Washington DC. Here are a few from my last job that was all mine.

123828133-M.jpg

123852079-M.jpg

123881641-M.jpg

123986288-M.jpg

123986466-M.jpg

124131816-M.jpg

123986203-M.jpg