Opening a file CS2 in Thumb not list ?

gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
edited January 20, 2007 in Finishing School
When im processing a file full of jpegs in CS2... i go to 'open' & i choose another photo & it always always opens as 'List'.

Is it possible to get it to always open the file im currently working on in 'Thumbnail' ?

Its driving me crazy. I close & save the adjustments to photo 45 & then open another & i have to keep on choosing Thumbnail up the top...it does not seem to remember that is what i keep using to select which next shot to process.

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2007
    A couple ideas...
    gus wrote:
    When im processing a file full of jpegs in CS2... i go to 'open' & i choose another photo & it always always opens as 'List'.

Is it possible to get it to always open the file im currently working on in 'Thumbnail' ?

Its driving me crazy. I close & save the adjustments to photo 45 & then open another & i have to keep on choosing Thumbnail up the top...it does not seem to remember that is what i keep using to select which next shot to process.

I don't know how to make the open dialog come up in thumbnail mode, but here's an even easier way to do this. Open a Windows file explorer window to the desired directory. Set it to thumbnail mode. Then drag/drop the first file into Photoshop. When done with it, drag the next file from the explorer window into Photoshop.

You can also use Adobe Bridge in a similar fashion. Double click on the image in Bridge to open in CS2. When finished with it in CS2, close it and Alt-Tab back to bridge. Double click on the next image in Bridge and it will open in CS2.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2007
    jfriend wrote:
    I don't know how to make the open dialog come up in thumbnail mode, but here's an even easier way to do this. Open a Windows file explorer window to the desired directory. Set it to thumbnail mode. Then drag/drop the first file into Photoshop. When done with it, drag the next file from the explorer window into Photoshop.

You can also use Adobe Bridge in a similar fashion. Double click on the image in Bridge to open in CS2. When finished with it in CS2, close it and Alt-Tab back to bridge. Double click on the next image in Bridge and it will open in CS2.
    Ahh...theres an idea. Tks i will give it a burl now & see how i go thumb.gif
  • colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2007
    I would seriously use Bridge for this. Select photo with arrow key, hit Enter, it pops open in Photoshop. When done, hit the PS<>Bridge swap key, Ctrl+Alt+O (or Alt+Tab if you prefer), and you're back at the last selected image in Bridge. So just hit the arrow key to get the next one, and press Enter again.