First snow

NewTekBuzzNewTekBuzz Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
edited January 22, 2007 in Holy Macro
The wife really likes this pic. I added simple sepia to it and crop/resized.

your thoughts

IMG_5910-mod.jpg

Comments

• KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2007
    I like it too, but wonder if a different crop would help more. Possible cropping the bottom right side\corner closer to the birdhouse?
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2007
    Nice i liked it too
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2007
    NewTekBuzz wrote:
    The wife really likes this pic. I added simple sepia to it and crop/resized.

your thoughts

I like it too, your wife has good taste :D
    Snow is something that will always fascinate me, because we never get it in the part of Australia that I live ......... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2007
    Ok, we'll make it a majority.........I like it, too!!! There's something about the "tilt" of the little birdhouse and the graceful curve of the branch, added to the falling snow and I have a sense of movement. I agree with Keith on the crop.
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2007
    I like it too...sepia works great in this pic. Snow...wow, we never get snow down here in SE Texas. Probably best...I wouldn't know how to deal with it.

We have a beautiful day today...about 65 - sun is shinning and it feels more like 70.
  • NewTekBuzzNewTekBuzz Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2007
    thank you everyone.

I will crop and repost in a bit.

Seneca, I could have went the rest of my day with out that bit of info! its about 22 here :(
  • SitterSSitterS Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2007
    Count me in on liking it as well but maybe try a different crop. As for snow anyone who wants some I can send plenty your way. I am in Colorado and we just continue to get more and more. I am so tired of shoveling our driveway. Was in Lowe's yesterday and by noon they had already sold 20 big snow blowers. Those babies cost $600.00 or more. Oh well at that price I will have to stick with my $10.00 shovel. ne_nau.gif

Shane
    www.imagesbyshane.smugmug.com

Blogs:
    www.imagesbyshane.blogspot.com

Canon 20d and 40d
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 85mm 1.8
    Canon 70-200L IS 2.8