Cheese...Gromit!

ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
edited January 22, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
In our family, we always think of Wallace and Gromit when we think of cheese! :D Any suggestions for making this stronger?

Elaine

124359439-L.jpg
Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography

Comments

• ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2007
    Awww...no one likes
    Wallace and Gromit, eh? ne_nau.gif No "A Grand Day Out" fans here? Maybe it just needs to be more cleverly done. Oh well... I'll keep thinking! :D

Elaine
    Elaine

• FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2007
    Well, I just saw it and it made me smile. For sure if my granddaughter could vote, she would vote for it.

If you're going to reshoot, maybe you could have Gromit guarding the cheese while Wallace tries to get at it.

Virginia

Email
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,237 moderator
    edited January 20, 2007
    Wallace might want to hold some of the cheese, but other than that, I think your photo is wearing the right trousers.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2007
    I'm crackers about this interpretation of the challenge! rolleyes1.gif
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2007
    Hate to admit I really don't read Wallace and Gromit, but from the stance of Gromit, you could put him in front of the cheese guarding it (like Virginia has suggested) and perhaps Wallace could be in charge of the crackers, hoping to get at the cheese ... if you get my drift.
    edited January 21, 2007
    Ah! I see some people are familiar with these two! :D (If you don't know, they are claymation characters whose adventures can be seen in the shorts called: "A Grand Day Out," "The Wrong Trousers," and "A Close Shave." Their first feature length film came out in 2005 called "The Curse of the Were-Rabbit" which I highly recommend! :D The same company produced "Chicken Run.") Anyhoo, Wallace is a cheese-a-holic, so that's how I arrived at this idea for this challenge. Maybe I'll try a re-shoot tomorrow. Thanks for the ideas and comments, folks!

Elaine
    Elaine

• jamismjamism Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
    edited January 21, 2007
    I know them!
    Elaine wrote:
    Wallace and Gromit, eh? ne_nau.gif No "A Grand Day Out" fans here? Maybe it just needs to be more cleverly done. Oh well... I'll keep thinking! :D

Elaine

Elaine... i know Wallace and Gromit well, when i was younger i watched them over and over again. love your idea. hmmm maybe if the cheese and such were on a plate? i dont know, i would have to think for a bit but i love love love the idea! iloveyou.gifD
  • TommyboyTommyboy Registered Users Posts: 590 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2007
    Elaine wrote:
    Anyhoo, Wallace is a cheese-a-holic, so that's how I arrived at this idea for this challenge. Maybe I'll try a re-shoot tomorrow. Thanks for the ideas and comments, folks!

Elaine

Elaine,

You're a stitch! Can the cheese be made to look more proportional to the charcters? That's the only thing that stands out to me. Cool shot.
    "Press the shutter when you are sure of success." —Kim Jong-il

NEW Smugmug Site
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2007
    Can you add a Were-Rabbit? Oh, maybe that would be better for a "carrots" challenge. rolleyes1.gif

Virgnia

Email
    edited January 21, 2007
    I'm just crackers about cheese...
    How 'bout this version?

124598962-L.jpg
    Elaine

• DizzyDizzy Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2007
    This one is better, glad you entered this one. I'm also glad someone used Wallace and Gromit...I thought of them but didn't have the means to implament it. Nicely done! - dizzy
  • JWilbur26JWilbur26 Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited January 22, 2007
    I agree with Dizzy. I like the tighter shot of the two and the presentation of the cheese

www.sunshinestatephotography.com

"There are 3 kinds of people in this world...those who can count, and those who can't" :scratch
    ~Anonymous

Please feel free to edit my images...I can only learn from it.
  • TommyboyTommyboy Registered Users Posts: 590 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2007
    JWilbur26 wrote:
    I agree with Dizzy. I like the tighter shot of the two and the presentation of the cheese
    +1
    "Press the shutter when you are sure of success." —Kim Jong-il

NEW Smugmug Site