Options

SmugMug Small STYLE Option Missing. LINKS option Missing.

2»

Comments

• Options
    MichaelKirkMichaelKirk Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2007
    no, but thanks for trying
    not it :nah
    devbobo wrote:
    i'm no css guru.. but try this...

#shareLinkWrapper {visibility:visible;}

Cheers,

David
  • Options
    TnHikerTnHiker Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited January 22, 2007
    Found It (Hidden in Plain View)
    devbobo wrote:
    the LINKS feature isn't removed....it's renamed "Share"

I'd already looked at the "Share" function but had initially overlooked the non-traditional toggle at the top of the screen which looks like this:
    spacer.gif
    Flaunt your photos: email | forums / blogs / etc

Once I deselected email in deference to the forums / blogs / etc then I saw the familiar LINKS function. It seems to me that a more obvious UI needs to be installed for this function. I'm happy but will others who've not seen this message make the same mistake as me?

Thanks for your assistance in guiding me to the light.

Al
    Things are looking up. :thumb "Today is the first day of the rest of your life."

Click for Hike Journal website.

SmugMug acct: http://tnhiker.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited January 22, 2007
    TnHiker wrote:
    I'd already looked at the "Share" function but had initially overlooked the non-traditional toggle at the top of the screen which looks like this:
    spacer.gif
    Flaunt your photos: email | forums / blogs / etc

Once I deselected email in deference to the forums / blogs / etc then I saw the familiar LINKS function. It seems to me that a more obvious UI needs to be installed for this function. I'm happy but will others who've not seen this message make the same mistake as me?

Thanks for your assistance in guiding me to the light.

Al

Al,

I posted in another thread that SM have implemented some changes that will remember what tab was previously selected and default to that in future.

This code should be rolled out in the next few days.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2007
    not it :nah
    Make sure you have sharing enabled in the gallery customizations. I checked in this gallery and found that you did not have sharing enabled. When you do get it enabled you can reveal the share button by deleting this code from your customization:
    #breadcrumb {         /* remove navigation */ 
         visibility:hidden;

position:relative;

}

Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2007
    Mike Lane wrote:
    Make sure you have sharing enabled in the gallery customizations. I checked in this gallery and found that you did not have sharing enabled. When you do get it enabled you can reveal the share button by deleting this code from your customization:
    #breadcrumb {         /* remove navigation */ 
         visibility:hidden;

position:relative;

}

Leave that in and just add this

#shareLink {display:block;
    visibility: visible;
    }

Al
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2007
  • Options
    carolinecaroline Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2007
    Andy wrote:

Thanks to all concerned for responding so positively
    Caroline
    Mendip Blog - Blog from The Fog, life on the Mendips
    www.carolineshipsey.co.uk - Follow me on G+

[/URL]
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2007
    Mike Lane wrote:
    If you're using images as banners then create 2 of them. One needs to be the width of the smugmug_small (750 plus the width of any padding and borders) and the other the width of the smugmug gallery (960 plus the width of any padding and borders). You may want another one for the Large gallery styles (single image large, filmstrip large, slideshow large etc) that is 800px plus padding and border widths.

Then do something like this:
    /* Default header for homepage and narrow gallery styles */
    #myHeader {
      width:770px; 
      background:url(/photos/XXXXXX-O.gif) top center no-repeat;
      }

/* Very wide header for smugmug and critique gallery styles */
    .smugmug #myHeader,
    .critique #myHeader {
      width:980px; 
      background:url(/photos/YYYYYYY-O.gif) top center no-repeat;
      }

/* Medium sized header for galleries with Large or Original sized photos in them */
    .Large #myHeader,
    .Original #myHeader {
      width:820px;
      background:url(/photos/ZZZZZZZZ-O.gif) top center no-repeat;
      }

Mike, thanks for the detailed reply for getting around this. Although it wont now be necessary the information re sizes etc is useful and I'll keep it handy, just in case.

Caroline

[/URL]
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2007
    Andy wrote:

Just checked my galleries and all is fine except:-
    http://photographyuk.smugmug.com/gallery/2344991
    This is my html only page 'about me' and although it is set to smugmug small it only shows as smugmug.

If i select 'traditional' it sizes down to the small size but then there is a 'share photo' box in the window.
    Any thoughts please ?

Caroline

[/URL]
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2007
    caroline wrote:
    Just checked my galleries and all is fine except:-
    http://photographyuk.smugmug.com/gallery/2344991
    This is my html only page 'about me' and although it is set to smugmug small it only shows as smugmug.

If i select 'traditional' it sizes down to the small size but then there is a 'share photo' box in the window.
    Any thoughts please ?

Caroline
    add this to your css:

.gallery_2344991 #altViews {display: none;}
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    add this to your css:

.gallery_2344991 #altViews {display: none;}

Thanks Andy,
    Is this how to create smugmug small galleries now?
    Although the smugmug small option is available in the customize gallery options it doesn't seem to work ??

Caroline

[/URL]
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2007
    caroline wrote:
    Thanks Andy,
    Is this how to create smugmug small galleries now?
    Although the smugmug small option is available in the customize gallery options it doesn't seem to work ??

Caroline
    just made a test on your site (photography category) you can delete it.... WITH a photo, the gallery shows smugmug small - with no photo, at first, it shows wide even though you've had the gallery set to smugmug small.

I'm asking our engineers. In the meantime, you can use the above css trick :)
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    just made a test on your site (photography category) you can delete it.... WITH a photo, the gallery shows smugmug small - with no photo, at first, it shows wide even though you've had the gallery set to smugmug small.

I'm asking our engineers. In the meantime, you can use the above css trick :)

Cheers Andy
    Caroline

[/URL]
  • Options
    DutchDutch Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited January 24, 2007
    Thanks. One more question
    onethumb wrote:
    We're adding a JavaScript variable shortly (I hope today, but depends on testing. Definitely soon) that will enable you to have SmugMug Small back again.

It will be on automatically if you've set your gallery to use SmugMug Small in the past.

Sorry about overlooking this, but thanks for your feedback - we'll make it right.

Don

Don - Thank you for taking a personal interest in this matter. I have always found the staff, and management, of SM to be top notch. Great job!

While I have your ear, I have another issue I would like to address. Is there a technical reason why pro account holders (or all users for that matter) are restricted from entering their own description for their home page? As has been expressed many times before on Dgrin, it would benefit pro account holders to have a description of their website/services show in a search engine results list. As you are no doubt aware, the current scenario is that the description is an advertisement for SM.

Will you change this?

Thanks again for your time.
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2007
    Dutch wrote:
    Don - Thank you for taking a personal interest in this matter. I have always found the staff, and management, of SM to be top notch. Great job!

While I have your ear, I have another issue I would like to address. Is there a technical reason why pro account holders (or all users for that matter) are restricted from entering their own description for their home page? As has been expressed many times before on Dgrin, it would benefit pro account holders to have a description of their website/services show in a search engine results list. As you are no doubt aware, the current scenario is that the description is an advertisement for SM.

Will you change this?

Thanks again for your time.
    I can't say if Don will post directly to this or not. But we are aware that you and others would like this. We discuss this frequently, though we've no immediate plans to change it. I will again mention this to the team, thanks!