Thanks to the team

wellmanwellman Registered Users Posts: 961 Major grins
edited January 22, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I'm sure there will be threads galore about the new interface today as world+dog sees it for the first time. Just wanted to throw in my hearty "Thank you" to everyone on the SmugMug team who has been hard at work on this for so long. I can without reservation say that SmugMug now looks and feels the way I've wanted it to since I joined.

Also, my kudos for handling the public beta in such an open and friendly way. More information is always better, and your customers who are as foaming-at-the-mouth fanatical as me are loving you all the more for clueing us in and listening to our feedback.

Hope you guys are all asleep by now. :thumb

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2007
    Thx Greg.

wave.gifbowdown.gif

We're jazzed. I'm heading over to ans some questions now, more later!
  • wellmanwellman Registered Users Posts: 961 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2007
    I may have to request someone from SmugMug HQ to explain to my management why my productivity declines over the next few days. Browsing photos just got so much fun! lol3.gif

OK - time to pay some bills. mwink.gif
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2007
    wellman wrote:
    I may have to request someone from SmugMug HQ to explain to my management why my productivity declines over the next few days. Browsing photos just got so much fun! lol3.gif
    NO PROBLEMO we'll take care of that.

:ivar
  • lcavalielcavalie Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited January 22, 2007
    Good job
    I would like to take the opportunity to thank you guys for the new version.
    For me who have a complete but not overly sophisticated customization, the switch to the new version went without any problem. Not a single line to change in my configuration.
    I worked for years for an Internet brokerage company with a pretty advanced website, I know it's not easy to achieve.

L
    www.mindworkscreation.com
    Photography and Design Studio

Pictures galleries at photo.mindworkscreation.com
  • mrcoonsmrcoons Registered Users Posts: 653 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2007
    Me too!
    Same here, great job folks!
  • DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2007
    Sweet release and big kudos to the team for busting their butts on our behalf!

One thing, I noticed that there's no bandwidth restrictions for any account level now, that's huge - but don't forget you need to update the Smugmug page that descibes the difference between account levels to reflect this. AFTER you guys get some shut-eye, of course.:D
  • flyingdutchieflyingdutchie Registered Users Posts: 1,286 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2007
    wellman wrote:
    I'm sure there will be threads galore about the new interface today as world+dog sees it for the first time. Just wanted to throw in my hearty "Thank you" to everyone on the SmugMug team who has been hard at work on this for so long. I can without reservation say that SmugMug now looks and feels the way I've wanted it to since I joined.

Also, my kudos for handling the public beta in such an open and friendly way. More information is always better, and your customers who are as foaming-at-the-mouth fanatical as me are loving you all the more for clueing us in and listening to our feedback.

Hope you guys are all asleep by now. thumb.gif

I second, third, fourth, etc. that! thumb.gifthumb.gif Great job!

Especially the Smugmug style gallery that changes when you resize the browser. Really kewl! :D

And i found no issues/bugs with my heavily customized smugmug site after this upgrade... But don't worry, i'll keep looking for them!!!! Laughing.gif:D
    The only thing i needed to do was remove the Smugmug Small type of gallery option from my menus.
    I can't grasp the notion of time.

When I hear the earth will melt into the sun,
    in two billion years,
    all I can think is:
        "Will that be on a Monday?"
    ==========================
    http://www.streetsofboston.com
    http://blog.antonspaans.com
  • ddragerddrager Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited January 22, 2007
    Love the update! Thanks to everyone involved.

Nice writeup/interview at TechCrunch:

http://www.techcrunch.com/2007/01/22/smugmug-the-anti-web-20-company/
  • DJKennedyDJKennedy Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2007
    I agree as well - I really like how things are looking now.

All but one of my galleries are set up as Smugmug, so I see the changes in every gallery.

Great work everyone!

Derek
    http://www.djkennedy.com

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."