all thumbs

tgelstontgelston Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
edited January 22, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I may be missing something but I previously hd my galleries set to display in all thumbs. . they are no longer displayed that way and I cannot seem to find the setting to switch them back?

Did I miss something in the new release?

Thank you,
Tobias

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2007
    tgelston wrote:
    I may be missing something but I previously hd my galleries set to display in all thumbs. . they are no longer displayed that way and I cannot seem to find the setting to switch them back?

Did I miss something in the new release?

Thank you,
    Tobias

Hi, site link please? ear.gif
  • tgelstontgelston Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited January 22, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Hi, site link please? ear.gif

http://tgelston.smugmug.com/
    edited January 22, 2007
    I should add that I love the new look - Great stuff. I really only need the all thumbs when I am double checking that I have uploaded all my photos for that section - its much easier to quickly scroll and then check my local files.

Thanks for the quick reply.

--Tobias
    edited January 22, 2007
    tgelston wrote:
    I should add that I love the new look - Great stuff. I really only need the all thumbs when I am double checking that I have uploaded all my photos for that section - its much easier to quickly scroll and then check my local files.

Thanks for the quick reply.

--Tobias
    once you view a gallery in all thumbs, your cookie will keep you in that style.
    edited January 22, 2007
    Ah THANKS!
    Andy wrote:

AH - I continued to play around and I see the ALL Thumbs at the top where it always was. . not sure how I missed that.

I appreciate your help.

Thank you,
    Tobias
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited January 22, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    I've asked this in a few places now, so I'm sorry in advance, has the cookie handling changed? I seem to be reverting to slideshow a lot more than usual. This could be because I'm customizing more often, so, does my cookie reset each time I update customization? because it seems to be... headscratch.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

edited January 22, 2007
    DoctorIt wrote:
    I've asked this in a few places now, so I'm sorry in advance, has the cookie handling changed? I seem to be reverting to slideshow a lot more than usual. This could be because I'm customizing more often, so, does my cookie reset each time I update customization? because it seems to be... headscratch.gif
    doc - i don't think so.
    edited January 22, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    doc - i don't think so.
    ok, then it's confirmed, put me on the conspiracry theorist list with gus and David. nod.gif
    Erik

• devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited January 22, 2007
    DoctorIt wrote:

Doc,

yes...it is possible. If you use popular or keyword galleries with your front page slideshow...there is the potential to see exactly what you are reporting.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
    edited January 22, 2007
    devbobo wrote:
    Doc,

yes...it is possible. If you use popular or keyword galleries with your front page slideshow...there is the potential to see exactly what you are reporting.

Cheers,

David
    so I'm not crazy?

let me see if I follow... if I used a different static gallery to feed my slideshow, this wouldn't happen? (thanks)
    Erik

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2007
    DoctorIt wrote:
    so I'm not crazy?

let me see if I follow... if I used a different static gallery to feed my slideshow, this wouldn't happen? (thanks)

And if I take a swing through Doc's site, it would reset my view even back on my own site? (which is what it seems to be doing.)
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
    edited January 22, 2007
    DoctorIt wrote:
    so I'm not crazy?

yes that's correct.

in order for lee to get all the photos from a keyword or popular gallery, cuz by default it uses whatever the cookie is set to, he modifys the cookie retrieves all the images then sets it back again...the problem here is that is it that it can run into timing issues.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
    edited January 22, 2007
    DavidTO wrote:
    And if I take a swing through Doc's site, it would reset my view even back on my own site? (which is what it seems to be doing.)

of course, it's modifying your cookie
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2007
    devbobo wrote:
    of course, it's modifying your cookie

Well, tell it to stop!
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
    edited January 22, 2007
    devbobo wrote:
    yes that's correct.

in order for lee to get all the photos from a keyword or popular gallery, cuz by default it uses whatever the cookie is set to, he modifys the cookie retrieves all the images then sets it back again...the problem here is that is it that it can run into timing issues.
    dev - thanks, mate, really! I can't write code like you guys, but I do write some stuff for me fluids research, so it makes a huge difference in my general understanding when you guys give me a glimpse as to how the hamster running in the wheel in the background is making my photos show up. lol3.gif

I'll make a static source gallery so I don't go crumbling anyone else cookies.

Well, except for TO's, can I make it so I keep screwing him up?
    blbl.gif
    Erik