Printing date on image for Canon digital Rebel XT

mohandasvmohandasv Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited January 24, 2007 in Cameras
I have Canon rebel XT. The camera does not provide any options to print the date and time on the image. I can edit the image to put the date and time after downloading the pictures. To put the date and time, I have to edit each image individually. I am looking for some software (or any 'hidden' option in the camera) which can print data/time on images in BULK. It takes lot of time to edit 500 pictures and its not practical.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks,
Mohan

Comments

• sirsloopsirsloop Registered Users Posts: 866 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2007
    The date and time are listed in the EXIF information. If you are using smugmug to print, you can set something to get printed on the back of the photo such as the date the photo was taken. For example, all of my prints have "TALLMANPHOTO.COM - " on the back.

IDK if thats a pro feature or not... im sure you can find it now that you are aware of that feature.
  • JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2007
    mohandasv wrote:
    I have Canon rebel XT. The camera does not provide any options to print the date and time on the image. I can edit the image to put the date and time after downloading the pictures. To put the date and time, I have to edit each image individually. I am looking for some software (or any 'hidden' option in the camera) which can print data/time on images in BULK. It takes lot of time to edit 500 pictures and its not practical.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks,
    Mohan

Why would you want the date on the image? It's distracting, looks tacky, and is in the EXIF. They used to do that with film camera's, for people who took like an entire year to shoot a roll of film, and forgot when they took the photo's....rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited January 23, 2007
    I do believe some people still like to see a date imposed on their photographs, and there may be legal and scientific reasons as well.

You might try MagiTime:
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Graphic/Digital-Photo-Tools/Keronsoft-MagiTime.shtml

I haven't tried it, because I just don't have a need. Make sure you only work against images that are fully backed up until you confirm for yourself that the software is safe and reliable.

ziggy53
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • mohandasvmohandasv Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited January 23, 2007
    Thanks. I will try the MagiTime. The reason I want have the date printed on image is, my wife wants to see the images with the date. For her the camera has very minimal value without this feature ;)
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited January 23, 2007
    I do wonder if a different viewer might also help. I use Picassa and IrfanView, both of which are free, and both can provide time and date on-screen overlays, as well as other neat information from the EXIF.

If you don't need to print the images, you might try those out.

http://irfanview.com/
    http://picasa.google.com/

ziggy53
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • mrcoonsmrcoons Registered Users Posts: 653 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2007
    I will customize my photos if someone asks and I have had requests for the date to be on the front (all my prints have it on the back). I use Photo Watermark Professional to do my watermarking. It's not free but I like their design tools and it's easy to use.
  • cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2007
    Of course, if you are printing at home, the Pictbridge direct from camera print has an option to print the date on the image, as does Canon's Zoombrowser EX application.