What happened to easy share?

KvPhotoKvPhoto Registered Users Posts: 364 Major grins
edited February 8, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I have easy share enabled on all of my galleries but the option is not showing when viewing the galleries. What is going on?

Comments

• devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited January 22, 2007
    KvPhoto wrote:
    I have easy share enabled on all of my galleries but the option is not showing when viewing the galleries. What is going on?

it's now located up near the slideshow button...called 'Share' thumb.gif
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • KvPhotoKvPhoto Registered Users Posts: 364 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2007
    I am not seeing anything labeled share.
  • muddykneesmuddyknees Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2007
    devbobo wrote:
    it's now located up near the slideshow button...called 'Share' thumb.gif

hope it's OK for me to chime in here...

I had a difficult time finding this as well (was about to ask), I think because I was looking for it more closely associated with the specific photo (like near the info button in that floating tab) rather than up in the header where I would expect to find things that applied to the whole gallery, like the slideshow.
    edited January 22, 2007
    could someone point me to a page with an example of the share button? Why am I not getting it on my galleries?
    edited January 22, 2007
    KvPhoto wrote:
    could somone point me to a page with an example of the share button? Why am I not getting it on my galleries?

kristina,

please take a moment and a deep breath...and please avoid cross posting on the same issue.

We are flat chat trying to help everyone out.

The Share button now appears in the breadcrumb next to the slideshow button, I assume that your customisation is hiding that. Please be patient, someone will help you.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
    edited January 22, 2007
    Yes my custimization is hiding it but I do not want the breadcrumb visible on my site so how can I get around it? As for cross posting, it was a different post where I was just supporting the fact there was an issue. I apologize if that is an issue for you. To be honest this is disheartening for me personally because I am trying to get some of my site images connected for my workplace and it needs to be done tonight. That's all.
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2007
    KvPhoto wrote:
    Yes my custimization is hiding it but I do not want the breadcrumb visible on my site so how can I get around it? As for cross posting, it was a different post where I was just supporting the fact there was an issue. I apologize if that is an issue for you. To be honest this is disheartening for me personally because I am trying to get some of my site images connected for my workplace and it needs to be done tonight. That's all.
    This will get your share button back
    Remove red and add green

#breadcrumb{ display:none }
    #breadcrumb{ visibility:hidden; }

#shareLink {display:block;
    visibility: visible;
    }

Al
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
    edited January 22, 2007
    KvPhoto wrote:
    Kristina,

I believe that you won't have to display the breadcrumb...but i'm no css expert...i believe that allen will be posting something any minute. As far as your site being ready for tonight, I don't see why that can't be done.

In regard, to the cross posting comment, sorry maybe I only read it quickly, but you have to understand that there are only a few of us trying to assist everyone and when people are reposting the same issues...it kinda makes things difficult.

Thanks,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
    edited January 22, 2007
    David,

No probelm, sorry for being grouchy, having a sick child and trying to get work done makes things difficult here. You guys are the greatest and I do appreciate the help.bowdown.gif
    edited January 22, 2007
    Thanks Allen and David! wings.gifI appreciate all your help
    edited January 22, 2007
    KvPhoto wrote:
    No probelm, sorry for being grouchy, having a sick child and trying to get work done makes things difficult here.

No problem, i understand :D
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • krh100krh100 Registered Users Posts: 89 Big grins
    edited February 7, 2007
    Hide "share photo"
    Hi Allen,

I don't want the "share photo" to show on any of my galleries. Reading your note I thought I could use the code #shareLink {display:block; visibility: visible;} that you provided but it did not work for me. I want a global solution so I don't have to go into each gallery to turn it off. Pls help. Thanks

Kent
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2007
    krh100 wrote:
    Hi Allen,

I don't want the "share photo" to show on any of my galleries. Reading your note I thought I could use the code #shareLink {display:block; visibility: visible;} that you provided but it did not work for me. I want a global solution so I don't have to go into each gallery to turn it off. Pls help. Thanks

Kent
    it's better to disable it in gallery customization, but this will remove the button from being shown:

.share_button {display: none;}
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2007
    krh100 wrote:
    Hi Allen,

Kent
    I would get SmugBrowser, you can set it to not share at a category/sub-cat
    and it will flow down to all galleries.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • krh100krh100 Registered Users Posts: 89 Big grins
    edited February 8, 2007
    krh100 wrote:
    Hi Allen,

Kent

Thanks Andy