Options

Surfing

PlsurferPlsurfer Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
edited June 15, 2007 in Sports
shot with my NEW 400mm 5.6(just got it last week!) over the weekend at the local break, lighting was not very good, but the surf was!

My favorite shot

http://blakewallrichphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/2374912/1/124515044#124520421-L-LB

Main Gallery-

http://blakewallrichphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/2374912/1/124515044#P-1-9
www.blakewallrichphotography.com
www.imageevent.com/obrippers

Canon 20D, Canon 300D, Canon EF 400mm 5.6L, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II, Canon100-300mm f/4.5-5.6, Canon EF-S 18-55mm , Canon 580EX, Manfrotto Tripod 3011N, Manfrotto Monopod 559B

Comments

• Options
    ChrisBlazeChrisBlaze Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited January 23, 2007
    Ive been thinking about that lens for a while now, was it with the money?
    Visit my gallery

www.chrisblaze.net
  • Options
    hysonhyson Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
    edited January 23, 2007
    I understand the need for copyright protection, but your watermarks are very distracting from what are excellent pictures.
    Pentax *ist DL | Sony Cybershot DSC-S60
  • Options
    PlsurferPlsurfer Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited January 23, 2007
    Ive been thinking about that lens for a while now, was it with the money?

this lens is definitely worth the money, it works great for many different things....i don't have any complaints.
    I understand the need for copyright protection, but your watermarks are very distracting from what are excellent pictures.

about the watermarks...the kids dont buy the pictures anymore...they copy them off the web or put them on there myspace's.... its just a way to let their sponsers and other people know i took the picture. and a way to let the people see them, and not get a super good pic for free...if you know what i mean
    www.blakewallrichphotography.com
    www.imageevent.com/obrippers

Canon 20D, Canon 300D, Canon EF 400mm 5.6L, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II, Canon100-300mm f/4.5-5.6, Canon EF-S 18-55mm , Canon 580EX, Manfrotto Tripod 3011N, Manfrotto Monopod 559B
  • Options
    hysonhyson Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
    edited January 24, 2007
    Plsurfer wrote:
    about the watermarks...the kids dont buy the pictures anymore...they copy them off the web or put them on there myspace's.... its just a way to let their sponsers and other people know i took the picture. and a way to let the people see them, and not get a super good pic for free...if you know what i mean

Like I said, I understand the need for it, I just wish there was some other way of doing it; less distracting from the picture.

Here's to wishful thinking...rolleyes1.gif
    Pentax *ist DL | Sony Cybershot DSC-S60
  • Options
    NeptuneNeptune Registered Users Posts: 136 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2007
    PL Surfer,

Where do you live? Somewhere cold due to wet-suits.

I am down here in Florida shooting with my 20d and the 100-400 L and this is my website if you liked to check it out....http://www.opticaltranquility.com

I have been surfing my whole life and enjoy looking at other surf photog's work.

Keep up the good work and...

I'll see you in the water!
  • Options
    CookieSCookieS Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2007
    Neptune, WOW, I think i just sat thru your gallery slide show twice. I did not know we had waves like that in florida, ne_nau.gif ( unless they were not all from florida) What Beach? How do you shoot inside the curl.......yeah you guessed it , im not a surf photog. :) what Underwater camera? im sure your 20D and 100-400 are not in the water . just curious, are you bobbling in a wet suit and finding the same wave, i guess being a surfer helps you know Where to be to shoot . I enjoyed them. thumb.gif
  • Options
    NeptuneNeptune Registered Users Posts: 136 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2007
    CookieS wrote:
    Neptune, WOW, I think i just sat thru your gallery slide show twice. I did not know we had waves like that in florida, ne_nau.gif ( unless they were not all from florida) What Beach? How do you shoot inside the curl.......yeah you guessed it , im not a surf photog. :) what Underwater camera? im sure your 20D and 100-400 are not in the water . just curious, are you bobbling in a wet suit and finding the same wave, i guess being a surfer helps you know Where to be to shoot . I enjoyed them. thumb.gif

Thanks a lot CookieS!

I live in Mel Bch and yes those waves are in Florida!

I use my 20d in an AquaTech Housing and yes I free swim in the ocean with a wetsuit this time of the year, Im a wimp when it comes to the cold.

I use the 10-22mm designed for the 20d in mind for my wide-angle shots in the barrel plus I just got a 2 ft extension pole for a different perspective.

I live and breathe the ocean as you can see by how many pics I take of ocean sunrise shots as I am up at O'dark-thirty a lot!

Please feel free to check back as I have just redesigned my sitet and have many of my original galleries to reupload back onto the site...

Thanks again and I'm stoked you Enjoyed the Optical Tranquility!!!
  • Options
    SDJamesSDJames Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
    edited June 14, 2007
    Sweet...more surf photogs
    Neptune & PL,

Nice shots! I'm in North County SD and love surfing and photography. I'm always looking for ways to improve my shots....
    so, Neptune, come on over to the left coast and let's hit a local break for some riding and shooting!

Jim
    40D, 400 f5.6L, 70-200 f2.8L, 50 f1.8, Tam 17-50 f2.8
  • Options
    JoeLJoeL Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2007
    Really nice shots for sure. There are several that would be nice cover shots.

I will agree with hyson about the watermarking, personally I would drop the watermarking and just right click protect the gallery.
    A teenager will just crop out the watermark if they download it, not may would be able to beat the right click protection, and it would keep the images looking cleaner without the watermark... just a thought.