Thumbnail page numbers missing. ">>" as well.

Paul (France)Paul (France) Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
edited February 1, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Hi,

I see something has changed in the lay-out. You cannot go to the next 'page' of thumbnails anymore. The only way to navigate through the photos is now by "next" (and ">", which is the same), which brings you to the next photo.

Most of my clients/visiters browsed by going from thumbnail page to thumbnail page (I can see this in Stacounter) and only click on those thumbnails that interest them. So they have lost their most important way of navigation now.

Can we please get the page numbers back? And the ">>" and "<<"?

Paul

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2007
    Hi,

I see something has changed in the lay-out. You cannot go to the next 'page' of thumbnails anymore. The only way to navigate through the photos is now by "next" (and ">", which is the same), which brings you to the next photo.

Most of my clients/visiters browsed by going from thumbnail page to thumbnail page (I can see this in Stacounter) and only click on those thumbnails that interest them. So they have lost their most important way of navigation now.

Can we please get the page numbers back? And the ">>" and "<<"?

Paul
    Hi Paul,

Maybe we are talking apples and pears here, but I don't think that got removed? Remember it only shows in galleries where there are multiple pages to view.
  • Paul (France)Paul (France) Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited January 23, 2007
    Different with Safari, IE and Firefox
    Hi Ivar,

Happy New Year still to you!

This time I looked in several browsers. In Safari the pages are not shown. Since most of my professional clients use Safari on a Mac (tells Statcounter) this is a problem.

Internet Explorer shows it right, but in the old way. Without the pop-up for the page numbers.

Firefox shows it the way it is in your screenshot.

So the problem is still there, but only for Safari. As I said, since Mac/Safari is very often used in the field of professional photo editors and magazines I still need a solution for this problem.

Thanks and groeten,

Paul
  • Paul (France)Paul (France) Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited February 1, 2007
    You have ended Safari problem
    I didn't know what you did, but the problem mentioned above doesn't exist anymore. It works fine now in Safari as well. Thanks!

Paul
  • bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited February 1, 2007
    I didn't know what you did, but the problem mentioned above doesn't exist anymore. It works fine now in Safari as well. Thanks!

Paul
    Hi Paul, seems as you were using Safari on OS X 10.3. That was an oversight on our part (well Apple's part really) as the new page navigation flyout uses some javascript properties that weren't implemented in versions of Safari on 10.3. We fixed this so those Safari users will now get the previous non-javascripty version of the site.

Safari users on 10.4 will get all the new features.

I also noticed you were using IE5.5 on the Mac. Microsoft has discontinued support for that browser and as such we do not support it. My personal recommendation would be to not use IE on the Mac at all. It is severely busted.
    Pedal faster