Smugmug style slow to load?

smugbugsmugbug Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
edited January 23, 2007 in SmugMug Support
While photos seems to load faster in the upgrade, it seems like it takes noticeably longer for a page in Smugmug style to load (while the spinning circle on the left is displayed). I've observed this using both of my computers. Anyone else experience this?

Is there any way this could be sped up? (The other page styles load up something much faster - it would be nice not to have to look at a blank page for too long)

Comments

• BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited January 23, 2007
    I noticed yesterday that the thumbnails were all appearing at one time instead of one-at-a-time like they used to do, and that can cause the perception that things are loading slowly, even if it's really taking less time. I'll chat about this with the team.
  • KvPhotoKvPhoto Registered Users Posts: 364 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2007
    I have all of my galleries set to Smugmug as well and was just trying to show the site to someone and kept getting the Smugmug main page. Also, some images are not loading and the main page is taking a lot longer to load as well. I did not notice this yesterday or earlier this morning. We did get to talking about Smugmug though and how she knows 3 other people who love it as well clap.gif
  • cwphotoscwphotos Registered Users Posts: 763 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2007
    Same here it keeps booting me to the smugmug main page. What gives?
    ====My Gear=====
    Canon 5D Mk.2/Grip || Canon 7D Backup
    17-40 f/4L || 70-200 f/2.8L IS || 100mm f/2.8L Macro || 24-70mm f/2.8L
    Wedding Photographer
    www.cwphotos.net
  • b-grinnerb-grinner Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2007
    KvPhoto wrote:
    I have all of my galleries set to Smugmug as well and was just trying to show the site to someone and kept getting the Smugmug main page. Also, some images are not loading and the main page is taking a lot longer to load as well. I did not notice this yesterday or earlier this morning. We did get to talking about Smugmug though and how she knows 3 other people who love it as well clap.gif

I too am having performance issues. One of my galleries is 'Filmstrip' style and it is loading very slowly. Instead of photos I am seeing the red 'X'. Also getting the www.smugmug.com home page intermittently.
    ...The Cyberphotog:D

Way too slow!
    I don't like it!!! It's way too slow and half the photos don't even show up most of the time! This is frustrating...
    edited January 23, 2007
    Currently I am getting a miinimum of 2 galleries not loading at all and the thumbs for those galleries don't show on the main page, even if I am logged in. Still getting the smugmug main page. I am going to cool off though and wait for one of the smuggy wise men to work their wonders, but hope it is soon. My job is relying on showing my site for some potential funding.headscratch.gif
    edited January 23, 2007
    Just saw Andy comment on a few other threads that the engineers are looking into things. Hopefully it will all work out soon.
  • ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2007
    Agree with all the above comments. Login, logout, getting diverted to the homepage, photos showing 'not found' or not loading

Super, super slow
  • Stroller PusherStroller Pusher Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited January 23, 2007
    I'm another
    Same problem, no photos etc.

Thusie wrote:
    Agree with all the above comments. Login, logout, getting diverted to the homepage, photos showing 'not found' or not loading

Super, super slow