moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2007
    Brurrrp...ohhh excuse me...rolleyes1.gif Cute shot
  • Options
    TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2007
    Mate!! I love your sense of Humour. Keep up the great work and keeping giving us a laugh.
    Cheers
    David Clifford
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2007
    elfving73 wrote:
    Man, if my pictures would be used against me, I could be locked up for life! Hahahaha!
    Matty

Yeah. And the judge wouldn't even get to this set, he'd go to almost any of yours and say "throw away the key!" lol3.gif

wave.gif Matty

Congrats on shooting and stirring things up - that's what photography's about. Not knocking them, but who needs another boring pic of a kid? I've shot them, been paid for them, even my own kids' shots are sometimes bland. This is good.
  • Options
    OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2007
    thumb.gif

I laughed.. lol

Well shot, as usual! Matty, you're a genius!
  • Options
    elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2007
    mwink.gif:D
    binghott wrote:
    thanks for a great laugh!
  • Options
    edited January 25, 2007
    Naaa.. I do it all the time! :D
    DoctorIt wrote:
    wait, that's a bad thing?

lol3.gif
  • Options
    edited January 25, 2007
    wave.gif
    Haha! Yepp! But I think in the end, I would end up as a free man - no prison it the world would want a guy like me on the inside! :D "Oh, sorry! We're full - can't take him!"

Thanx Andy! Hehe! Yeah, I guess "stirring things up" is sort of my signature, ey? Well, I guess I always want a reaction of some kind when I post pictures. My goal of course isn't to p*ss people off, but I prefer that before making no impression at all! mwink.gif

Matty

Andy wrote:
    Yeah. And the judge wouldn't even get to this set, he'd go to almost any of yours and say "throw away the key!" lol3.gif

wave.gif Matty

Congrats on shooting and stirring things up - that's what photography's about. Not knocking them, but who needs another boring pic of a kid? I've shot them, been paid for them, even my own kids' shots are sometimes bland. This is good.
  • Options
    Blonde MomentBlonde Moment Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited January 26, 2007
    Matty, since responding to these images, I have taken the time to look at all of the posts you have started and seen the work you do.

If I become as good as you I will be a happy camper. Your work is all good, thought provoking and inspirational.

Yes, photography should be used to create emotions in the viewer and you have done so in spades with this series of photographs, and other posts as well.

My motive to give you the advise I gave, is from personal experience.

I give no motive for THE MAN (sixties expression) to give it to me.

I too live live in a first world democratic country, but in 1990 myself and 1300 of my Australian colleagues for our views on life and our personnal views of employment where posted on Interpol as political dissidents. (At the time most of us where working and living with our families outside of our native country).

It is all too easy for our own beliefes to be used against us.

I ment no offence, and I hope no offence was taken.

Your work is inspirational, intelegent and thought provoking, and I look forward to seeing more.

Prost.
    Mark
    Darwin, Australia
    Nikon D2X, F5, 17-35 AFS f2.8, 50AFD f1.4, 50 AFD f1.8, 85 AFD f1.4, 200 AFS VR f2, SB800, Metz 60-CT1
    http://www.bushwalkingholidays.com.au/html/compare.htm
    http://www.travelnt.com/en/explore/darwin/
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2007
    Nice post mark thumb.gif

BTW...in case anyone else was wanting to look back at mattys work, here is my fav.
  • Options
    mishnogrammishnogram Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited January 26, 2007
    I think the shots are great, I have a similar shot of my little one holding a couple of bottles of beer for his first or second St Patrick's day but didn't turn out nearly as well. My wife took them in our basement and we all had a laugh about it.
    Min Lee
    lee-family.smugmug.com
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited January 26, 2007
    funny-

your son did a great job!-
  • Options
    TirzahTirzah Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited January 26, 2007
    Ugh!!!
    what is wrong with the world today? like the photos or not (I do), these show imagination (as well as bordom :D), great use of lighting, composition & DOF.
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2007
    lol3.gif, great shots Matty thumb.gif, I love them.

Europeans just start drinking at a younger age. It has been like that forever.