want to refer a friend to sign up but I have a question first

Six BeesSix Bees Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
edited January 24, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I have signed up for a pro account, and I have never had any other level so I am not positive of all the differences. I was searching through trying to find an answer but I haven't found anything that was concreate enough...maybe I didn't search enough, or use the right keywords. But, I know that I can upload pictures to my pro account and then if I want I can download them back or sell them(which I am so happy about). Can standard users do this too (the download part)? My friend recently lost a ton of pictures and I want a better solution for her. I know that I can not find one of my disks with some pictures I am looking for originals on, I have them uploaded on shutterfly...but I don't want a print of it, I want to photoshop it....and I am not paying an arm and a leg for them to put it on a disk for me. This feature was one of the things that sold me on this site.
I know she is happy enough sharing her images with shutterfly and such, so if a standard account or even a power account wont give her the abililty to download her own pictures back...I won't suggest she sign up. Although I think that it could be worth the money without this feature...but hey money is tight for her.
I appologize if I am not wording all of this correctly.
I appreciate your imput.
Carrie

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2007
    Hi Carrie,

There are no restrictions on downloading one's own photos. Standard, power or pro.

I hope this helps!

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2007
    Six Bees wrote:
    I have signed up for a pro account, and I have never had any other level so I am not positive of all the differences. I was searching through trying to find an answer but I haven't found anything that was concreate enough...maybe I didn't search enough, or use the right keywords. But, I know that I can upload pictures to my pro account and then if I want I can download them back or sell them(which I am so happy about). Can standard users do this too (the download part)? My friend recently lost a ton of pictures and I want a better solution for her. I know that I can not find one of my disks with some pictures I am looking for originals on, I have them uploaded on shutterfly...but I don't want a print of it, I want to photoshop it....and I am not paying an arm and a leg for them to put it on a disk for me. This feature was one of the things that sold me on this site.
    I know she is happy enough sharing her images with shutterfly and such, so if a standard account or even a power account wont give her the abililty to download her own pictures back...I won't suggest she sign up. Although I think that it could be worth the money without this feature...but hey money is tight for her.
    I appologize if I am not wording all of this correctly.
    I appreciate your imput.
    Carrie
    I was reading through and lost your question.:D But I think you're asking
    "can I download originals". Yes, if you have orignals turned on you or
    anyone can download them.

Al
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog