Cycling - Tour Down Under

KennyKenny Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
edited January 25, 2007 in Sports
Managed to get some shots on Tuesday night at the "Tour Down Under Classic" which is sort of the warm up event to the Tour proper. The bikes did 25 laps of a 2 kilometre circuit. The winner on the night was Mark Renshaw (#36 - Credit Agricole team).

Here's a few... the rest are in the gallery :D

123729700-M.jpg

::

123773440-M.jpg

124756171-M.jpg

124756785-M.jpg

Thanks for looking :D

Cheers,
Ken

2358755#123729700-L-LB

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2007
    Kenny wrote:
    Managed to get some shots on Tuesday night at the "Tour Down Under Classic" which is sort of the warm up event to the Tour proper. The bikes did 25 laps of a 2 kilometre circuit. The winner on the night was Mark Renshaw (#36 - Credit Agricole team).
    Here's a few... the rest are in the gallery :D
    Thanks for looking :D
    Cheers,
    Ken
    2358755#123729700-L-LB

Nice work Ken, those guys are incredibly fit and lean.
    ....... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • bigpixbigpix Registered Users Posts: 371 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2007
    nice capture........ memo ...... must get my bike out
    Cheers...... Big Pix
    Lake Macquarie NSW Australia
    www.bigpix.smugmug.com
    Please do not EDIT
    my Images
  • KennyKenny Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2007
    Skippy wrote:
    Nice work Ken, those guys are incredibly fit and lean.
    ....... Skippy

Thanks Skippy... yep, they are fit and lean... they make me feel bloated. Oh, that's right, I am rolleyes1.gif

Cheers,
    Ken
    edited January 25, 2007
    bigpix wrote:
    nice capture........ memo ...... must get my bike out

Thanks Bernie... I look at my bike about once a year... in January :D

Cheers,
    Ken
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2007
    Good stuff mate. I checked your gallery out & saw the Burra concert. I used to live in the middle (i think it was the middle) pub there whilst we were building the hallett power station a bit north of there. Great place & people.

Do you live near there or just visit ?
    edited January 25, 2007
    gus wrote:
    Good stuff mate. I checked your gallery out & saw the Burra concert. I used to live in the middle (i think it was the middle) pub there whilst we were building the hallett power station a bit north of there. Great place & people.

Do you live near there or just visit ?
    Thanks Gus... I live at Kapunda, which is about 90 km south of Burra (on the outskirts of the Barossa Valley). There are some good people in rural Australia, that's for sure.

I must say I check out your galleries from time to time... your mountain bike shots are very good... I'm aiming to reach your standard one day! mwink.gif

Cheers,
    Ken
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2007
    Kenny wrote:
    Thanks Gus... I live at Kapunda, which is about 90 km south of Burra (on the outskirts of the Barossa Valley). There are some good people in rural Australia, that's for sure.

I must say I check out your galleries from time to time... your mountain bike shots are very good... I'm aiming to reach your standard one day! mwink.gif

Cheers,
    Ken
    Tks mate. I remember that place so well. One tuesday i was working & it was 2pm & my teeth were literally chattering with cold & thursday (just the 2 days later) ..a big flash new truck arrived on site & he had an inbuilt thermometer...he said it was on 44 C !

We all had to wear fly nets over our heads as every breath of air saw one or two go in rolleyes1.gif