concept for challenge 83

DizzyDizzy Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
edited January 26, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
was encouraged to reshoot with different lighting. This is what I came up with. Better or worse? Still a work in progress...will crop the second image a bit closer so it is a bit closer to the original.

Full House - working title likely to change

Image one
125274536-S.jpg

Image 2 the reshoot
125487929-S.jpg

Comments

• MTagMTag Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited January 24, 2007
    I think it's a great idea...however, I am not a big fan of small light. I wonder what it'd look like with a bit more diffused light?? Good idea!
  • SandySandy Registered Users Posts: 762 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2007
    I agree, nice concept,but a it needs a reshoot.
  • DizzyDizzy Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2007
    Sandy wrote:
    I agree, nice concept,but a it needs a reshoot.

Need just a bit more than this, what is it about the image that you feel needs to be different? I've got the lighting to consider, what else?

Trying to make this the strongest image I can, thanks for the input. - dizzy
  • HaliteHalite Registered Users Posts: 467 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2007
    Dice are a nice take on this challenge theme. You're headed to a good image.

To me the dice look too carefully placed. I have a hard time believing that they would ever fall like that. So the image strikes me as 'wrong'. The very nature of dice is their randomness. So I say, "let 'em roll!"

Maybe a less harsh background would also help the picture. Do you have some colored felt or a darker surface to try a shot on? Good luck!
  • DizzyDizzy Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2007
    Halite wrote:
    Dice are a nice take on this challenge theme. You're headed to a good image.

To me the dice look too carefully placed. I have a hard time believing that they would ever fall like that. So the image strikes me as 'wrong'. The very nature of dice is their randomness. So I say, "let 'em roll!"

Maybe a less harsh background would also help the picture. Do you have some colored felt or a darker surface to try a shot on? Good luck!

For me the randomness in the first image was the numbers, I actually did roll a full house and didn't see it until I had the image uploaded for discussion. :D
    Thank you for the thoughts, something to think about as I continue to work towards the image. I'm afraid if I go to dark with the background the black/grey dice will get lost in the background. I'll see what I can do. THX - dizzy
  • LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2007
    One thing I would suggest is to bounce your light source rather than using direct light. That will give you softer shadows and more even light on the background.