Options

What number?

Barefoot and NaturalBarefoot and Natural Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
edited January 29, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Okay....I am excited about this challenge and I had 2 ideas for numbers.
Would love to hear thoughts about these possible entries!!
125305026-S.jpg

125305216-S.jpg

125305294-S.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Heather

Comments

• Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2007
    I'm liking #2 the best. I like the crop, angle and B&W.

Elaine
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    DizzyDizzy Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2007
    I don't know, I'm leaning towards the crop in the first one. You know what it's a picture of so you don't need all of the information that the second one gives. Perhaps a reshoot however, so you can get everything in focus. A smaller aperature opening? I'd like to see what you come up with.:D dizzy
  • Options
    MTagMTag Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited January 24, 2007
    Numba too
    I agree with Elaine. I think it is balanced well and the noise gives it an ol' timey look... #3 appears too "empty" for my taste. I like number 1...but 2 is my fave.
  • Options
    JCDossJCDoss Registered Users Posts: 189 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2007
    I like the crop and lighting in #1, but I like the grain you have in #2. Perhaps you could add the grain to #1? I agree that #3 is too empty.
  • Options
    Barefoot and NaturalBarefoot and Natural Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2007
    Thank you all for your feedback!!
    #1 is actually very sharp, but the softness was added so I can try the grain on this shot.

#2 Doesn't really jump out as *numbers* to me, but more as *old fashion*

#3 Do you think a tighter crop on the numbers would be better, or just forget this one?
    I immediatley thought of *lucky numbers* inside fortune cookies when I saw the challenge theme.

Thanks again ya'll......I will post the newest edits.
  • Options
    JCDossJCDoss Registered Users Posts: 189 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2007
    #3 Do you think a tighter crop on the numbers would be better, or just forget this one? I immediatley thought of *lucky numbers* inside fortune cookies when I saw the challenge theme.

I like the idea for #3, but that shot is just not doing it for me. There are some fortune cookies that have the lucky #'s on one side and the fortune on the other. If you can find some of those, then you could probably make something of it. Great ideas!
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2007
    i was just thinking to take photo of similer phone !
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    edited January 29, 2007
    Thanks everyone for the advice....this is the photo that I chose!

126243556-M.jpg

I really like how it turned out.

Thanks again!!
  • Options
    DizzyDizzy Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2007
    I like what you came up with for an entry as opposed to the first shot you presented. This is nicely executed...well done! :D Dizzy