Invitation Stats?

storksbstorksb Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
edited January 28, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Just a quicky,

I sent out an invitation yesterday to 20 people. The stats are now showing something strange. I have [eople who have 1 click against there name but 0 read. Any ideas?

Simon

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2007
    storksb wrote:
    Just a quicky,

I sent out an invitation yesterday to 20 people. The stats are now showing something strange. I have [eople who have 1 click against there name but 0 read. Any ideas?

Simon
    Why not send yourself one email, and then open it, then look at the stats. Then click the link, then look at the stats :) All should be clear!

Holler with questions
  • storksbstorksb Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Why not send yourself one email, and then open it, then look at the stats. Then click the link, then look at the stats :) All should be clear!

Holler with questions

Hi Andy,

I did as suggested and it confirmed to me that the stats I have are showing inccorectly.
    My understanding if the stat counter, confirmed by testing as you suggested is this. 1. When email is read it shows in "READ" column, 2. Only when the embedded link is clicked in email will teh click counter register a Hit.

I have the opposite occuring for some of my invitees. i.e 0 in the Read column and 1 in the click column. Back to front?

Simon
    edited January 27, 2007
    storksb wrote:
    Hi Andy,

I did as suggested and it confirmed to me that the stats I have are showing inccorectly.
    My understanding if the stat counter, confirmed by testing as you suggested is this. 1. When email is read it shows in "READ" column, 2. Only when the embedded link is clicked in email will teh click counter register a Hit.

I have the opposite occuring for some of my invitees. i.e 0 in the Read column and 1 in the click column. Back to front?

Simon

Jusr curious, any ideas?
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2007
    storksb wrote:
    Jusr curious, any ideas?
    I just validated again.

Send a new photo. Read and Clicked show 0. When I get the email and VIEW it in the email reader, "Read" then goes to 1. When I CLICK on the link or photo in the email, "Clicked" goes to 1.

ne_nau.gif
    edited January 28, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    I just validated again.

Send a new photo. Read and Clicked show 0. When I get the email and VIEW it in the email reader, "Read" then goes to 1. When I CLICK on the link or photo in the email, "Clicked" goes to 1.

ne_nau.gif

Maybe it was just a bug / gremlin in the stats system. I monitor it next time I send out an invite.

Simon