Help my friend buy a camera

wellmanwellman Registered Users Posts: 961 Major grins
edited January 25, 2007 in Cameras
I've got a buddy at work who's looking for a new compact camera (can't talk him into an SLR :D). He's currently using some sort of 4MP Sony which takes forever to focus and even longer to click the shutter. Since he's running after a 1-year-old, that's no longer acceptable. :D

He doesn't want to spend more than $350 US. I'm leaning toward either the Fuji F30 (great in low/indoor light) or the Canon S2 IS (IS, 12x zoom). Any thoughts?

Thanks! :thumb

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2007
    Hello

I will say cam with long zoom . Don't know about focus speed (how fast you need) .People say sony H5 is better then S2IS .
    Try them both to check out focus speed .
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2007
    Hello

I will say cam with long zoom . Don't know about focus speed (how fast you need) .People say sony H5 is better then S2IS .
    Try them both to check out focus speed .

I am a fan of the Canon S600 or S700(IS). The 600 can be found for 250ish online and is incredibly compact. The 700 is a more complete camera, and is coming down to below $350.
  • PindyPindy Registered Users Posts: 1,089 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2007
    I have the Sony W50 (now a W55 released last week) whic in good light has really really low shutter lag and takes great low-light pics. In bad light, though, the focus takes a long time. Very good shots though. I think I paid about $225.00