Options

Scanner Troubleshooting

DBotDBot Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
edited January 20, 2005 in Digital Darkroom
I own a Minolta Scan Dual III, and inspite of other replies I've made, I have a complication. I have some sort of hardware issue that crashes the machine about every 8-12 negetives. At first, I believed that the heat from the machine warped the negetive holder causing it to malfunction. However, there might something else. Has anyone encountered the same problem?

Comments

• Options
    evil eggplantevil eggplant Registered Users Posts: 464 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2005
    I had a similar problem with my Dual Scan III. Sent it to Minolta, they repaired the power supply. Does your power supply get real hot? It shouldn't..

Stepper motors are used to move the carriers. If a stepper motor is overloaded the overload is detected by the microcontroller, which will try to drive the motor harder. If this doesn't work the device will shut down. This may be happening to you. It is doubtful that there is anything you can do yourself to fix it. Sorry..

Bilodeau wrote:
    I own a Minolta Scan Dual III, and inspite of other replies I've made, I have a complication. I have some sort of hardware issue that crashes the machine about every 8-12 negetives. At first, I believed that the heat from the machine warped the negetive holder causing it to malfunction. However, there might something else. Has anyone encountered the same problem?