Any image/thumb size improvements?

redcrownredcrown Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
edited January 26, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Sorry if I'm a little late to the party, but after I got my site they way I wanted I have not been back here much.

When I started last August, there were lots of requests for larger image displays and larger thumbnail displays. And a lot of promises to address those issues. I don't remember any requests for a floating mouseover photo bar.

Have I missed aything about image/thumb size? Are we still restricted to the old small sizes?

BTW - I don't use the smugmug styles, so the floating mouseover trick does not harm me. I agree it's a bad idea. But I noticed on a test gallery that if I have javascript off and display a "smugmug" style page, the result is a blank page. No error, no "turn on javascript" warning. Just the appearance of an empty gallery.

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2007
    redcrown wrote:
    Sorry if I'm a little late to the party, but after I got my site they way I wanted I have not been back here much.

When I started last August, there were lots of requests for larger image displays and larger thumbnail displays. And a lot of promises to address those issues. I don't remember any requests for a floating mouseover photo bar.

Have I missed aything about image/thumb size? Are we still restricted to the old small sizes?

BTW - I don't use the smugmug styles, so the floating mouseover trick does not harm me. I agree it's a bad idea. But I noticed on a test gallery that if I have javascript off and display a "smugmug" style page, the result is a blank page. No error, no "turn on javascript" warning. Just the appearance of an empty gallery.
    Hello wave.gif

The Larger image format is not something we tackled in this release, I'm sorry. We are still working on it.

You do indeed need JavaScript enabled for our pages to work fully.