Outlook 2003 Blocking Shared Image

ndunkinndunkin Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited January 27, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I have been testing the new Share function in Smugmug. I sent a Shared picture to myself and to a co-worker. We are running on Exchange 2000 with Outlook 2003. Downloading images is blocked in Outlook. When we tell Outlook to allow the images, we see the Smugmug logo but the photo that is being shared shows up as black image. I can click on the image and it takes me to the photo in my gallery. I have gone through my Outlook settings, putting my Trusted and Internet sites at the lowest level of security. I have also manually gone in and enabled the scripting options in my Trusted and Internet sites security. I have also disabled the blocking of images option in emails. Has anyone else experienced this and knows what setting needs to be changed? I don't think my firewall is involved in this since it appears to be only http that is being used to show the photo.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2007
    ndunkin wrote:
    I have been testing the new Share function in Smugmug. I sent a Shared picture to myself and to a co-worker. We are running on Exchange 2000 with Outlook 2003. Downloading images is blocked in Outlook. When we tell Outlook to allow the images, we see the Smugmug logo but the photo that is being shared shows up as black image. I can click on the image and it takes me to the photo in my gallery. I have gone through my Outlook settings, putting my Trusted and Internet sites at the lowest level of security. I have also manually gone in and enabled the scripting options in my Trusted and Internet sites security. I have also disabled the blocking of images option in emails. Has anyone else experienced this and knows what setting needs to be changed? I don't think my firewall is involved in this since it appears to be only http that is being used to show the photo.
    Hi, wave.gif welcome! Are there "html" format preferences you can check, enable?
  • ndunkinndunkin Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited January 26, 2007
    Thanks for your quick response
    Andy wrote:
    Hi, wave.gif welcome! Are there "html" format preferences you can check, enable?

wave.gif Andy, I am set to send outgoing emails as Rich Text but can receive html emails no problem. I am set to use html on a reply if I receive an html email. I have tried changing my email options to all html to no avail.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2007
    Can you upgrade to latest version of Outlook?
    edited January 26, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Can you upgrade to latest version of Outlook?

Andy, this is not an option right now. I did check this using Outlook Web Access and it is the same problem. I am going to look at any Exchange server options that may be blocking my photo.
  • dmcdmc Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2007
    fyi: works great at my work, via outlook 2003 sp2

also my yahoo account looks fine too... nice email, i like the black background
  • RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2007
    ndunkin wrote:
    wave.gif Andy, I am set to send outgoing emails as Rich Text but can receive html emails no problem. I am set to use html on a reply if I receive an html email. I have tried changing my email options to all html to no avail.

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829982
    edited January 27, 2007
    RogersDA wrote:
    wings.gif After checking all of my Outlook and Exchange settings and doing a ton of searching, I decided to contact my spam service. We use Spamsoap. They "wash" all of our incoming email with two virus checkers and spam filtering. After reporting my problem, they changed a filtering option for me and it now works. Something within the email was getting stripped out. I have requested more info since I just want to know.

I appreciate all you guys pitching in on this problem.