Australia Day 2007 - Fireworks

Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
edited January 28, 2007 in Holy Macro

Fireworks-IMG_20070126_6227.jpg?g2_GALLERYSID=732e992542f941420989cbff49b85039

Fireworks are a traditional form of celebrating big events in Australia and this year was no different. From spectacular extravaganza of Sydney fireworks to small shows in country towns the sky was set to multicolour kaleidoscopes to celebrate Australia Day.
I was under the impression the attendances at the celebrations were bigger then ever and the national pride just a bit stronger than usual. There are many facts that influenced this with the single most prominent the failed attempt to ban Australian flag from the Big Day Out concert.
You can find further fireworks images in the photo gallery.

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2007

Fireworks are a traditional form of celebrating big events in Australia and this year was no different. From spectacular extravaganza of Sydney fireworks to small shows in country times the sky was set to multicolour kaleidoscopes to celebrate Australia Day.
    I was under the impression the attendances at the celebrations were bigger then ever and the national pride just a bit stronger than usual. There are many facts that influenced this with the single most prominent the failed attempt to ban Australian flag from the Big Day Out concert.
    You can find further fireworks images in the photo gallery.

Hi Ted.......... not sure they held any fireworks in Geelong last night, but Im pretty sure it's on tonight, however the weather doesn't look that great right now :cry

I'm sure they are doing the Fire Works tonight ... I think headscratch.gif
    I don't know what all the hoohar is about the flag anyways, this is Australia after all.

Long as people are not out there to cause trouble or provoke it, I really don't see the problem with the Flag ne_nau.gif .

Good work on the Fireworks shots Ted thumb.gif ... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2007
    Thanks Skippy. I have used a fairly simple technique for the fireworks: constant 2" and f/16. This may be not the best option but it captures some interesting effects.

As for the flag it is a farce even to attempt such ban. I'm a naturalised Aussie but even I have more national pride than the BDO organisers. Shame on them.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2007
    Wonderful fireworks Ted
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2007