Challenge 30 - first try, what do you think?

johnojohno Registered Users Posts: 617 Major grins
edited January 17, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
OK, today I was shooting my three pics and my son wanted me to take his pic... When I told him to wait, he got mad... So I started shooting and these are what i ended up with? I put this together fast. Does it have potential? He's 2 so I thought I would name it TWO. Let me know.
calebshots-small.jpg
I had to put it up... It made me laugh. :rofl

peace.
johno~
If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
~Mother Teresa

Canon 1D Mark II / Canon 50D / Canon 30D / Canon G9
Canon 50mm 1.4
Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS / Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L

blog
johno's gallery

Comments

• ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2005
    Actually, I think it is very cool.

ginger, I like your use of the colors. And the two, I like that.
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2005
    I like it as well. The different colors add interest, th shots of your son are cute. I think it has potential. It's different enough to get noticed maybe.

The center image has some blown out spots, I would think about trying to fix it, or see if there is another shot you could replace it.
  • johnojohno Registered Users Posts: 617 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2005
    GREAPER wrote:
    I like it as well. The different colors add interest, th shots of your son are cute. I think it has potential. It's different enough to get noticed maybe.

The center image has some blown out spots, I would think about trying to fix it, or see if there is another shot you could replace it.

I see what you mean Greap... Can I call you Greap? :D I will try to fix that this weekend.

johno~
    If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 50mm 1.4

blog
    johno's gallery
    edited January 14, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Actually, I think it is very cool.

ginger, I like your use of the colors. And the two, I like that.

Thanks ginger... It's funny, after taking these I had to take him to the Dr... He has an ear infection.:(:
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 50mm 1.4

blog
    johno's gallery
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2005
    I had four kids. They always did/didn't have ear infections. It was the bane of my existence, do I call the doctor...........or not.

He is a cute one!

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Tim KirkwoodTim Kirkwood Registered Users Posts: 900 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2005
    JohnO'

Very cute shots!

I like the idea but it seems to be missin something just cant put my finger on itheadscratch.gif:D

I will look at it some more and get back to yathumb.gif

Hope he feels better!
    www.KirkwoodPhotography.com

Speak with sweet words, for you never know when you may have to eat them....
  • GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2005
    johno wrote:
    I see what you mean Greap... Can I call you Greap? :D I will try to fix that this weekend.

johno~

Feel free

Lots of people do, It's weird, freinds call my house and ask for greap on the phone. They know my name is Brian, but thats what they call me.
  • NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2005
    Very cool!

Cute, great expressions, nice use of color and they all fit together very well! thumb.gif

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
    edited January 16, 2005
    OK, here's the newest one... I tweaked the colors a bit, tried to fix the wash on the face, cropped to even the images a bit and added the boarder.
    artof2800-small.jpg
    Thanks everyone for your thoughts... Any others are still welcome. I have until the 24th i think...

peace.
    johno~
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 50mm 1.4

blog
    johno's gallery
  • aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2005
    The boarder definately makes the differences between the pics stand out. Those facial expressions are great, btw. I'm looking forward to seeing what other iterations you try.
    edited January 17, 2005
    aero-nut wrote:
    The boarder definately makes the differences between the pics stand out. Those facial expressions are great, btw. I'm looking forward to seeing what other iterations you try.

Thanks aero-nut... I figure I have a few more days to work with this project. If anything else, I would like to print this out and frame it and hang it in my office. :D You can never have to many pictures of your kids.

peace.
    johno~
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 50mm 1.4

blog
    johno's gallery
  • aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2005
    johno wrote:
    Thanks aero-nut... I figure I have a few more days to work with this project. If anything else, I would like to print this out and frame it and hang it in my office. :D You can never have to many pictures of your kids.

peace.
    johno~
    Very true. That's what I like about these challenges... even if you don't submit a pic, you can always make a print if you like it. I end up with so many photos I don't know what to do with them all. :D
  • BrettBrett Registered Users Posts: 218 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2005
    johno wrote:
    OK, here's the newest one... I tweaked the colors a bit, tried to fix the wash on the face, cropped to even the images a bit and added the boarder.
    artof2800-small.jpg
    Thanks everyone for your thoughts... Any others are still welcome. I have until the 24th i think...

peace.
    johno~
    I really like this one, it stands out more than the first. Great shots.
    Challenge 26 Winner "In Your House" :deal