I HATE the new features

13»

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited February 4, 2007
    Woo, and likewise, hoo.

Thanks, Big.

Andy: *did* you guys come to any conclusion why bobo's suggested code, pasted in to my Javascripts box, didn't seem to come out? Do I have some knob turned the wrong way
  • Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited February 4, 2007
    imageinc wrote:
    Woo, and likewise, hoo.

Thanks, Big.

Andy: *did* you guys come to any conclusion why bobo's suggested code, pasted in to my Javascripts box, didn't seem to come out? Do I have some knob turned the wrong way
    Devbobo's code wouldnt work at all. The pattern he gave you was for the statcounter code. Sitemeter works differently.
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited February 4, 2007
    Ok, and I'm glad you have a different solution. Thanks muchly.

But my question -- and I'm gonna keep asking it until I get an answer :-) -- is: *why doesn't that javascript come out in my pages at all*?

Did I paste it in the wrong place? Or forget to turn on some knob that makes it come out?
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2007
    It's in an include file
    imageinc wrote:
    Ok, and I'm glad you have a different solution. Thanks muchly.

But my question -- and I'm gonna keep asking it until I get an answer :-) -- is: *why doesn't that javascript come out in my pages at all*?

Did I paste it in the wrong place? Or forget to turn on some knob that makes it come out?

You won't find it directly in your page. It's in one of the script src=xxx pages that are included by your main page. This lets it get cached by your browser so it doesn't have to get redownloaded for every page on your site.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    edited February 4, 2007
    Aha!

Yep: there it is: http://www.smugmug.com/include/js/user_imageinc-20070202212336.js

Very clever. I wouldn't have thought about that aspect of the thing. Thanks.
  • Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited February 7, 2007
    imageinc wrote:
    Woo, and likewise, hoo.

Thanks, Big.

Jay, your sitemeter code is live now. I just used the free account for development, so let me know if something is not working right.
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited February 7, 2007
    bigwebguy wrote:
    Jay, your sitemeter code is live now. I just used the free account for development, so let me know if something is not working right.
    Well, oddly, it appears as if the account is completely broken now; my parameter-cookied login bookmark to it doesn't work, and when I try to log in manually, it's saying that s29imageinc is an invalid codename.

Ruh-roh.

Indeed: This link to my blog stats works fine. But this one is 404. Well, a redirect to the home page, which is what happens when they don't recognize the codename.

I've seen no email from them on any topic, so I don't know what to think.

UPDATE: I emailed webmater@sitemeter, and though I haven't seen a reply yet, magically my counter appears to be back. Whoda thunkit. :-)

Will test this afternoon; thanks again.

UPDATE: my site flapped again, so at this point, since SiteMeter is copping to load problems on servers other than mine, I'll infer that my problems are provocative maintenance on their part.

Big: this was implemented as a change to my footer-pasted javascript? Or was Smug's AJAX code modified to know how to hook a Sitemeter if one is on the page -- IE: will this fix work for anyone?
  • Options
    marieboyermarieboyer Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2007
    dogwood wrote:
    I like the new features. Well, except for the photobar, but that took me about five seconds to disable.

How do you do this?

I am dying to remove it. Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited February 7, 2007
    marieboyer wrote:
    How do you do this?

I am dying to remove it. Thanks in advance!

Hi Marie,

Unfortunately, to disable the photobar, you need to have a power or pro account so you can add the customization to do it. Sorry I don't have a better answer for you!
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign