Options

How much snow was there, anyway?

ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
edited January 20, 2005 in Holy Macro
I was at Squaw Valley, in Tahoe last weekend in the midst of a storm that dropped 5 feet of snow in 3 days. Sunday morning there was a little break in the storm and I got out to try to take some pictures to give a sense of it.

13975051-L.jpg

This guy was trying to blow the snow off the skating rink the whole time I was there. It was like trying to bail out the ocean:

13974901-L.jpg

Oh, and what color is snow, anyway?
If not now, when?

Comments

• Options
    Tim KirkwoodTim Kirkwood Registered Users Posts: 900 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2005
    Rutt!

Wow these really give you a sense of how deep it is! That first one is funny!

Thanks for sharing!
    www.KirkwoodPhotography.com

Speak with sweet words, for you never know when you may have to eat them....
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2005
    Amazing Rutt,

If we had that kind of snow it would shut the city down for weeks.

Back in 78 we had 3.5 feet of snow fall in 36 hours, It took the city more than a week to dig out.
  • Options
    Red BullRed Bull Registered Users Posts: 719 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2005
    If we had that much snow where I live, I think the whole city would shut down forever!yelrotflmao.gif

(Talking about San Diego)
    -Steven

http://redbull.smugmug.com

"Money can't buy happiness...But it can buy expensive posessions that make other people envious, and that feels just as good.":D

Canon 20D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 17-40 f/4 L, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 430ex.
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2005
    Funny!
    Red Bull wrote:
    If we had that much snow where I live, I think the whole city would shut down forever!yelrotflmao.gif

(Talking about San Diego)

Yeah, Southern California can't even handle rain. What would we do about snow? They can't keep the streets navigable when wet, what would they do with ice or snow. We'd all be stuck in our houses until the thaw. Of course that would be soon, since it was 78 degrees yesterday. A bit overcast today, think I'll try to get some pictures. :D
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog