Challenge 30 - First try

MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
edited January 19, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Any comments on this one. My son was cooperative today. :clap

mitch

Comments

• ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2005
    I think it is very good. Perfect, in fact. There in lies the fly in the ointment, IMO. This is just my opinion, but now we have three triptychs of kids.......
    That would be a difficult choice anyway, but I think the perfection in yours puts it a step down from the "cute" nap factor and the multi colored bad tempered kid photo.

I don't know, yours is sooooooo good. I wonder what others will think. I hate to comment without a suggestion.........I would just have to wait on other feedback myself. That was great lighting, too.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • BryanBryan Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2005
    Very good, the only flaw I can see is the middle picture has a little different color tone to it.

Well done, nice framing!
  • NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2005
    Fantastic Mitchell! Sure put a smile on my face!

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • judyfuessjudyfuess Registered Users Posts: 259 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2005
    I was wondering if somebody was going to do this on!! Great job. clap.gifclap.gif Though I am with Ginger, would you be able to get the same lighting on the middle one?

-Judy
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2005
    Thanks for the comments. The middle pic has been bugging me to. They were all taken within 1 minute so the lighting should have been the same. I will have to go back and tweek the middle one.

Ginger, I love your comments!! "Too perfect" I keep seeing the imperfections. With kid shots you need to just sit back and enjoy them.

mitch
  • cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2005
    Mitchell wrote:
    Thanks for the comments. The middle pic has been bugging me to. They were all taken within 1 minute so the lighting should have been the same. I will have to go back and tweek the middle one.

Ginger, I love your comments!! "Too perfect" I keep seeing the imperfections. With kid shots you need to just sit back and enjoy them.

mitch
    If you look at his hair, you can see that his head was rocked back for the middle shot which probably accounts for the light/color differences.
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • johnojohno Registered Users Posts: 617 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2005
    Great photos... Is it true??? you know, the "no evil" :D You must save this for when he's older... Show it to him before he goes out on his first date. I do like how bright and clear the colors are. I would agree with CMR... The head tilt could be the cause of the offset color.

peace.
    johno~
    If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 1D Mark II / Canon 50D / Canon 30D / Canon G9
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS / Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L

blog
    johno's gallery
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2005
    judyfuess wrote:
    I was wondering if somebody was going to do this on!! Great job. clap.gifclap.gif Though I am with Ginger, would you be able to get the same lighting on the middle one?

-Judy
    Is this any better now?

mitch
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2005
    Great shots...all i would do is shrink the drop shadow & make the title writting smaller & maybe a diff font. Thats my 2c worth...but a great set none the less.
  • GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2005
    Mitchell wrote:
    Is this any better now?

mitch

The shadow may look better in the center now, but his skin tone looks different...
  • landrumlandrum Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2005
    Mitchell wrote:
    Is this any better now?

mitch
    It looks better but it's a bit hot now. Maybe work on the intensity or saturation a bit. Really cute idea, I like it! thumb.gif How nice to have a willing model!

Laurie
    Laurie :smooch

www.PhotoByLaurie.com
  • Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2005
    Hey Mitch,

Nice series! I was wondering, how about some different post-processing on all 3 shots to make it stand out more. Perhaps a colour, BW and a sepia? Or something like that?
    Or you can perhaps try to shade the sides of the faces on the outer pics, so that the centre of lighting seems to be coming from the middle, you know what I mean? (half face, full face, half face)
    Just some creative juices in my brain :D Cool he was working along!!
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
    http://www.digital-eye.nl
  • JennyJenny Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited January 19, 2005
    I think these shots are amazing! I liked the second one after you lightened it up, except the glare on his arms. Other then that I agree that they are perfect. I really like what you did with the border.