Some shots I like.

aliciahexaliciahex Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited February 1, 2007 in Holy Macro
Hey everyone, I'm new to this site, but I'm a first year student at art school in photography so I wanted to post some of my stuff I took for my beginners photo class and see what everyone thought. Any and all feedback is appreciated! :)

blurrycity2.JPG
mill2.JPG
bee.jpg
arielhands.jpg

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2007
    aliciahex wrote:
    Hey everyone, I'm new to this site, but I'm a first year student at art school in photography so I wanted to post some of my stuff I took for my beginners photo class and see what everyone thought. Any and all feedback is appreciated! :)

Welcome to the forum Alicia clap.gif

First year student....... I suggest you save these shots and in just one years time get them out and have a look how much you've learnt in just one year.

Learn to use a tripod it will stop any unintended motion blur.
    Your first two shots show hand shake.
    Gosh your gonna try and cover all kinds of interests aren't you, including Macro..... with Macro the most important thing is get the EYES in Focus and get in close thumb.gif
    I like the last shot but like to have seen it more in focus.

All up I think you are headed in the right direction and I'm sure we are going to see some great things from you as you learn more about your gear.

There is so much you can pick up here at Dgrin, by simply brousing the many forums, and going to the Techniques forum to, as well as looking through many Tutorials freely available here on Dgrin.

Have fun ... happy Shooting thumb.gif .. Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2007
    Not sure if the blurring in #1 and 2 was on purpose or not- but suspect it was- lovely feel to these shots and the last one.
    Only shot I would criticise is the clearest one-#3 where the composition could be better (rule of thirds business) or my bug rule- always give bugs more room in the direction they are facing.

Brian V.
  • DernoDerno Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited January 29, 2007
    i really like number 4
    http://www.derno.net
    Canon Rebel XT
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2007
    4th
    Welcome to the forum i hope you will post more photos
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • JESTERJESTER Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2007
    First of all, Welcome. Now for some critiquemwink.gif 1, 2, & 4 seem out of focus. Follow Skippy's recommendations and get a tripod, especially if you are going to do night photography. They would have been much better photos without the hand shake. #3 needs to be closer, otherwise a good photo. #4 is also okay if you are trying to show the motion of the water except his arm (sweater) is out of focus which throw the photo off.

So go out and practice, practice, practice because we want to see more of your stuff:ivar (I really liked the water wheelclap.gif )
  • frgfrg Registered Users Posts: 583 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2007
    I like the 2nd one especially.. the blurring works for me in this oneclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Wonder what it would look like in B & W.........

Welcome to Dgrin!!!
  • aliciahexaliciahex Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited February 1, 2007
    thanks everyone. i dont know the next time ill have pics to submit bc im not in any photo classes right now, but asap! :)