ShareGroups

shahineoshahineo Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
edited March 13, 2007 in SmugMug Support
It seems that ShareGroups are currently not allowing any changes. I tried adding some new galleries to a ShareGroup and it won't take.

Tried in FireFox 2 and IE 7.

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2007
    shahineo wrote:
    It seems that ShareGroups are currently not allowing any changes. I tried adding some new galleries to a ShareGroup and it won't take.

Hi wave.gif

Do you have a link to your account and sharegroup for me, please? PM me the sharegroup if you don't want it public thumb.gif
  • shahineoshahineo Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited January 29, 2007
    ivar wrote:
    Hi wave.gif

Do you have a link to your account and sharegroup for me, please? PM me the sharegroup if you don't want it public thumb.gif

It's working this morning.
  • BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2007
    shahineo wrote:

I think I'm seeing the same thing as you did. I think this is a server-side caching issue.

Go to your control panel and create a new sharegroup. Name the sharegroup and SAVE. The sharegroups page will be displayed with the text "New ShareGroup added!", however the new sharegroup will not be in the list.

In order to get the sharegroup to show up in the list, you need to go back to the control panel and select the sharegroups link again.

The same type of issue also occurs when deleting sharegroups--the sharegroup won't disappear (even though the sharegroups page says "ShareGroup deleted.") until you go to the control panel and back in.

Note this behavior is not 100% consistent but it did happen over 90% of the time while I was just testing.
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug