Keyword result, only showing Thumbs (FF only)

dmcdmc Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
edited January 29, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Wierd problem... This url works fine in IE.
http://dmcpics.smugmug.com/keyword/bugs

But in Firefox, I only get the thumbs on the left. Anybody else see this problem? Another wierd thing is public (all) keyword urls seem to work fine as well, just keyword url's from my acct come up with the missing pic...

Comments

• SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited January 29, 2007
    I'm also using firefox, and I did finally get the picture, but only after the corner-spinner spun for roughly 30 seconds.

(lori said 3.407 seconds, but apparently that's only the base page.)
  • dmcdmc Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2007
    imageinc wrote:
    I'm also using firefox, and I did finally get the picture, but only after the corner-spinner spun for roughly 30 seconds.

(lori said 3.407 seconds, but apparently that's only the base page.)

thanks for testing it out for me.... I finally did the dreaded "clear cookies" and now it works.... (I just have to remember all my passwords to all the places I go now... ugghh)

all is ok now...
  • PBolchoverPBolchover Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2007
    I've got an identical problem. E.g.
    http://pbolchover.smugmug.com/keyword/paulm

Strangely, the problem only manifests itself for single-keyword searches:
    http://pbolchover.smugmug.com/keyword/paulm-all%20photos is OK

I originally discovered the problem while logged in with Firefox. On clearing cookies, the problem was fixed, but I became logged out. When I logged back in again, the problem was still there. Logging out fixed it.

The page is fine with IE 6.0, whether logged in, or logged out.

Symptoms of the problem include
    * No page navigation (the "page 1 of 2" etc)
    * The photo navigation (1 of 24) has moved left to the spot where the page navigation should be
    * The shopping cart buttons has moved to the centre, where the photo navigation should be
    * No large image
  • jscolesjscoles Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited January 29, 2007
    I've seen this bug happen several times as well. It's happened for me in Opera 9.1, IE6, and Firefox 2. Sometimes, clearning cache and cookies fixes it, but sometimes, it doesn't. Right now, I can't reproduce it in either browser.

I should note that I've seen this with regular gallery views, not keyword search results. Strangely, when the problem occurs it seems to only be on my own galleries, even when I'm not logged in. Navigating to some other smugmug site, I saw large photos just fine in the smugmug style.

This isn't a very helpful report, I know, but I wanted to chip in that I've seen it happen as well.
    edited January 29, 2007
    PBolchover wrote:
    I've got an identical problem. E.g.
    http://pbolchover.smugmug.com/keyword/paulm

Strangely, the problem only manifests itself for single-keyword searches:
    http://pbolchover.smugmug.com/keyword/paulm-all%20photos is OK

I originally discovered the problem while logged in with Firefox. On clearing cookies, the problem was fixed, but I became logged out. When I logged back in again, the problem was still there. Logging out fixed it.

The page is fine with IE 6.0, whether logged in, or logged out.

hmmm, you are right.... I thought it was working, but when I logged back in, the problem came back! ne_nau.gif

I need help on this one.... headscratch.gif
  • e-came-cam Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited January 29, 2007
    dmc wrote:
    hmmm, you are right.... I thought it was working, but when I logged back in, the problem came back! ne_nau.gif

I need help on this one.... headscratch.gif

Re. Firefox. try to use "about:config" and check "permission.default.image is set to 1. and/or dom.disable_image_src_set is set to "false". This is also fix the mapquest graphic (map). When SM releases the upgrade, SM reset my firefox configuration.
    edited January 29, 2007
    e-cam wrote:
    Re. Firefox. try to use "about:config" and check "permission.default.image is set to 1. and/or dom.disable_image_src_set is set to "false". This is also fix the mapquest graphic (map). When SM releases the upgrade, SM reset my firefox configuration.

That isn't the cause of my problem - both of those variables are set correctly.
    edited January 29, 2007
    e-cam wrote:

I don't know where to look for those settings.... but I can tell you that it did work fine last week...
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited January 29, 2007
    dmc wrote:
    I don't know where to look for those settings.... but I can tell you that it did work fine last week...

Type

about:config

into the address box at the top of your browser. You'll get a 4 column spreadsheet with the setting names down the first column. You can either scroll down to the settings the other folks suggested you check, or type the first few letters of the setting name into the 'Filter' box at the top.

When you can see the setting you are after, if you need to change it, double click anywhere on that line, and you'll get a dialog box that will let you put in a new setting.
    edited January 29, 2007
    imageinc wrote:
    Type

about:config

into the address box at the top of your browser. You'll get a 4 column spreadsheet with the setting names down the first column. You can either scroll down to the settings the other folks suggested you check, or type the first few letters of the setting name into the 'Filter' box at the top.

When you can see the setting you are after, if you need to change it, double click anywhere on that line, and you'll get a dialog box that will let you put in a new setting.

cool thanks.... I checked the entries but I have the correct (according to you) values .... ne_nau.gif
    edited January 29, 2007
    According to this thread, it was a known bug, and is fixed.

(Just checked, and the site now works for me!)
    edited January 29, 2007
    PBolchover wrote:
    According to this thread, it was a known bug, and is fixed.

(Just checked, and the site now works for me!)

confirmed! it is now working... thanks for the heads up!
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2007
    dmc wrote:
    confirmed! it is now working... thanks for the heads up!
    wave.gif dmc