Options

New to Pro, a few questions.

TylerWTylerW Registered Users Posts: 428 Major grins
edited January 30, 2007 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I've been pretty cozy with my SmugMug basic account for a few years now, but I decided its time to start taking myself serious and pull the trigger on a pro site. But now its a little different, it seems.

1) Is there any way, as the owner of the site, to get access to my originals after disabling them in the gallery customization?

2) What is the easiest way to get the direct url for a medium or large size image, so I can promote my images in forums, such as these.

3) How does the custom watermark feature work? what should the image look like?

Thanks in advance.
http://www.tylerwinegarner.com

Canon 40d | Canon 17-40 f/4L | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Canon 70-200mm f/4 L

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited January 29, 2007
    TylerW wrote:
    I've been pretty cozy with my SmugMug basic account for a few years now, but I decided its time to start taking myself serious and pull the trigger on a pro site. But now its a little different, it seems.

1) Is there any way, as the owner of the site, to get access to my originals after disabling them in the gallery customization?
    I have not found a way, and I saw "logged in user access to originals" in the wish list (by, I *think* someone other than myself :-), so I'm thinking "not without temporarily making the gallery private and reenabling access to originals."

<simpsons>
    I will read everything before writing anything.
    </simpsons>

Check out this thread which Andy just pointed someone else to, which will likely solve your problem, and mine. :-)
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2007
    TylerW wrote:
    WELCOME :)
    No. And Yes. Try Album Fetcher, it's a great firefox plugin, free. http://smugmug.jot.com/WikiHome/SmugMugHacksAndApps
    2) What is the easiest way to get the direct url for a medium or large size image, so I can promote my images in forums, such as these.
    Click on the "Share" button above the main image.
    3) How does the custom watermark feature work? what should the image look like?

Thanks in advance.
    How it works, is here:
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/custom-watermark-protection
    What it should look like? Up to you :) I'm happy to critique some examples if you post them!
  • Options
    edited January 29, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    What it should look like? Up to you :) I'm happy to critique some examples if you post them!

Thanks Andy. My question as to how it should look was more in terms of how to dictate which part of the image is 100% transparent, and which are translucent / opaque to make the watermarked portion of the image. I'm guessing its some manner of luminance key, and was looking for some clarification on that. the creativity I can hack otu on my own. (I think! :D)

Canon 40d | Canon 17-40 f/4L | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Canon 70-200mm f/4 L
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2007
    TylerW wrote:
    Thanks Andy. My question as to how it should look was more in terms of how to dictate which part of the image is 100% transparent, and which are translucent / opaque to make the watermarked portion of the image. I'm guessing its some manner of luminance key, and was looking for some clarification on that. the creativity I can hack otu on my own. (I think! :D)
    Well, don't worry too much- make one, and you can set the opacity within your SmugMug watermarking control panel thumb.gif
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited January 30, 2007
    TylerW wrote:

I remember reading somewhere that it would accept a PNG image with an alpha channel, I believe, Tyler.
  • Options
    edited January 30, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Well, don't worry too much- make one, and you can set the opacity within your SmugMug watermarking control panel thumb.gif

So its one of those "play with it until you get what you like" kinda deals.

I'm good with those. :D