xt question

vandecarrvandecarr Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
edited January 29, 2007 in Cameras
This is wierd. I almost always shoot in Manual mode. Today I went to take a fast picture switched over to apature priority and it wouldn't adjust.
I had a 50 mm 1.4 canon lens on the camera so maybe that was why but the shutter speed would not move. it stood all the way down as if the photo was going to be very underexposed.
the apature was wide open and still the shutter speed didn't change.
Also, there was a ton of light so that wasn't a problem. when I snapped the pic it came out slightly underexposed but not that bad.
DO YOU KNOW WHY THIS HAPPENED?

tHANKS,
mIKE v

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited January 29, 2007
    vandecarr wrote:
    This is wierd. I almost always shoot in Manual mode. Today I went to take a fast picture switched over to apature priority and it wouldn't adjust.
    I had a 50 mm 1.4 canon lens on the camera so maybe that was why but the shutter speed would not move. it stood all the way down as if the photo was going to be very underexposed.
    the apature was wide open and still the shutter speed didn't change.
    Also, there was a ton of light so that wasn't a problem. when I snapped the pic it came out slightly underexposed but not that bad.
    DO YOU KNOW WHY THIS HAPPENED?

tHANKS,
    mIKE v

It would help if we could see the image, if you would tell us more about the conditions of the shot and if you display the full EXIF information.

Otherwise, trust the camera.

If the image came out a little underexposed, and the aperture was wide open at a slow shutter speed, then the camera needed more/longer shutter or higher ISO, or both.

Sometimes it's hard to tell what the actual light values are, because our eyes and brains are so good at compensating.

ziggy53
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • vandecarrvandecarr Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
    edited January 29, 2007
    fixed it...if this happens to anyone else just slear all camera settings.
    that's it. and it works perfect again.

Mike V