Private viewing - how do they get in?

twinsrustwinsrus Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
edited January 29, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I made one gallery private, with a password. When I logged in as a viewer, no me, I couldn't see it, and I couldn't see how to get to it. What's the buzz?

Thanks.
Dick Fotoples
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2007
    twinsrus wrote:
    I made one gallery private, with a password. When I logged in as a viewer, no me, I couldn't see it, and I couldn't see how to get to it. What's the buzz?

Thanks.
    Hi Dick,

You must give them the gallery link.

http://www.smugmug.com/help/private-albums

Holler if you need more help, we'll be here!
  • OxenhampicsOxenhampics Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited January 29, 2007
    Andy - I think he just wants to have password protected galleries.
    Obsessed With Customizing -- That doesn't mean I'm good at it. :D
    edited January 29, 2007
    Andy - I think he just wants to have password protected galleries.
    We'll see, let's hear from the OP
  • twinsrustwinsrus Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited January 29, 2007
    Andy - I just want to have password protected galleries. I have seen several sites that have galleries, some are protected, other are not, yet you see them all. You just can't access some unless you kow the secret password.

Sorry if I put this in the wrong place originally. I've been spending all my time in customization, obsessing. :crazy
    Dick Fotoples
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

edited January 29, 2007
    twinsrus wrote:
    Andy - I just want to have password protected galleries. I have seen several sites that have galleries, some are protected, other are not, yet you see them all. You just can't access some unless you kow the secret password.

Sorry if I put this in the wrong place originally. I've been spending all my time in customization, obsessing. :crazy
    They are right there on your homepage, refresh your page and be sure you are logged in :D

http://www.dandrphotography.com/
    edited January 29, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    They are right there on your homepage, refresh your page and be sure you are logged in :D

http://www.dandrphotography.com/

It isn't for me, Andy. It is for clients. I must not be making myself clear. I know I can see them when I log in. I want my customers to be able to see them when they go to my site the enter the password to be able to view the pictures.
    Dick Fotoples
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• jscolesjscoles Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited January 29, 2007
    I think what you want are non-private passworded galleries. If a gallery is private, it won't be visible for your clients unless you send them the direct URL. Try removing the private option and keeping the password option for the gallery.
    edited January 29, 2007
    jscoles wrote:
    I think what you want are non-private passworded galleries. If a gallery is private, it won't be visible for your clients unless you send them the direct URL. Try removing the private option and keeping the password option for the gallery.

I finally figured it out - thanks!
    Dick Fotoples
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~