Benefits of adding Friends & Family?

Packhorse-4Packhorse-4 Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
edited January 29, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I have a question about adding friends & family to my SmugMug page. I can see it adds a link to their SmugMug account and that’s nice, but I’m trying to find out if this gives the friends and/or family any additional privileges on my page? It would be nice if we had a setting in the control panel that would allow friends to view certain galleries without having to enter the password or if they had access to the galleries marked as Friends.

Maybe this is possible and I just can’t find it, but I’ve looked all over the place and I don’t see this as an option.

-- John

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2007
    I have a question about adding friends & family to my SmugMug page. I can see it adds a link to their SmugMug account and that’s nice, but I’m trying to find out if this gives the friends and/or family any additional privileges on my page? It would be nice if we had a setting in the control panel that would allow friends to view certain galleries without having to enter the password or if they had access to the galleries marked as Friends.

Maybe this is possible and I just can’t find it, but I’ve looked all over the place and I don’t see this as an option.

It doesn't give any powers, unless you grant them in gallery customization, you can allow friend/family to edit captions, for example thumb.gif
  • Packhorse-4Packhorse-4 Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
    edited January 29, 2007
    Thanks Andy. I must say, you are quick on the reply. wings.gif

-- John

• Packhorse-4Packhorse-4 Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
    edited January 29, 2007
    Maybe I could turn this question into a recommendation… I think it would be nice to have the option to set a friends and/or family preference in each photo gallery that would not only allow them to edit the captions, but grant them access to the galleries without needing to enter a password. The option would be “off” by default, but we could change the setting in each gallery as necessary (assuming its password protected in the first place). Then our friends and family could jump over to our page and view all of the galleries with no need to remember passwords. If we want to keep the password protection in place, then we leave the setting turned off and everything would remain the same as it is now.

-- John

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2007
    Maybe I could turn this question into a recommendation… I think it would be nice to have the option to set a friends and/or family preference in each photo gallery that would not only allow them to edit the captions, but grant them access to the galleries without needing to enter a password. The option would be “off” by default, but we could change the setting in each gallery as necessary (assuming its password protected in the first place). Then our friends and family could jump over to our page and view all of the galleries with no need to remember passwords. If we want to keep the password protection in place, then we leave the setting turned off and everything would remain the same as it is now.
    thanks!