MAC smugmug latest uploaders uploading problems, quits

thewahlathewahla Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited January 31, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I have about 2 gigs of photos which ive been trying to upload to smugmug on a mac core2 using the standalone uploader because i have all the files uploaded already into iphoto.
The problem is the photos start uploading fine but after about 80 or so photos uploaded the program simply quits right in the middle. Ive tried removing the program and reinstalling it but the same thing happend again, ive even tried to creat a new smugmug account. What the heck is going on here?

Comments

• I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2007
    thewahla wrote:
    I have about 2 gigs of photos which ive been trying to upload to smugmug on a mac core2 using the standalone uploader because i have all the files uploaded already into iphoto.
    The problem is the photos start uploading fine but after about 80 or so photos uploaded the program simply quits right in the middle. Ive tried removing the program and reinstalling it but the same thing happend again, ive even tried to creat a new smugmug account. What the heck is going on here?

Give up mate ( I did) and use the drag and drop online jobbie instead, much more relaible

ps that text size is a bit aggressive mate ;-)
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2007
    thewahla wrote:

Hello thewahla, and welcome to dgrin wave.gif

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with the mac-uploader.
    The intel-uploader should work on the intel-macs, I haven't heard of this problem before. Can you make sure that all the images meet our requirements? Also, does the uploader give you any error message?

Also, try uploading the same photos with our Drag and Drop uploader, and let us know if that does work, please.

Thanks, and sorry for the inconvenience.
  • thewahlathewahla Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited January 30, 2007
    Hi thanks for the reply, Yea i did try to upload he photos via the web uploader but the same thing happend, Firefox just closes. I dont have any other probs with my comp like this. I have about 100 albums on my computer so webuploader isnt really an option for me. I used to have smugmug a few months on windows, didnt really have any problems. Im on the trial rigt now and am trying to make the switch back.
  • devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited January 30, 2007
    thewahla wrote:
    Hi thanks for the reply, Yea i did try to upload he photos via the web uploader but the same thing happend, Firefox just closes. I dont have any other probs with my comp like this. I have about 100 albums on my computer so webuploader isnt really an option for me. I used to have smugmug a few months on windows, didnt really have any problems. Im on the trial rigt now and am trying to make the switch back.

Have you tried my firefox extension ?
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • thewahlathewahla Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited January 31, 2007
    Thanks a LOT. The extention works awsomely. YOU ARE THE MAN.