Options

Another Baby Portrait

rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
edited January 30, 2007 in People
Ok, tried to get a little more serious with this one. Natural lighting, but want your opinions on the processing? does the softness work? Or is it too much?

126423732-M-1.jpg
www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso

Comments

• Options
    frgfrg Registered Users Posts: 583 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2007
    Beautiful picture, really like it..... For me I think less soft would work betterclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
  • Options
    Scotty_RScotty_R Registered Users Posts: 108 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2007
    I like this image very much...the softness does not bother me largely because babies themselves are soft, especially at this stage in their development. The softness actually adds to the picture, for me at least.

I would, however, make a slight levels adjustment to give a bit more light--the shadows seem a bit too deep. Otherwise, a lovely image that the parents should enjoy.
    Scotty
  • Options
    edited January 30, 2007
    Scotty_R wrote:
    Otherwise, a lovely image that the parents should enjoy.
    :giggle I'm the parent and I am enjoying...But thats why I have to ask for other opinions...I'm biased...Laughing.gif

For comparison, here is the colour, and a dofferent BW treatment without the softness...

126445002-M.jpg

126445025-M.jpg

• Options
    SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2007
    I love it...but I think a totally BLACK blanket would look great. Beautiful nonetheless.
  • Options
    Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2007
    Simply beautiful. I prefer the black and white in this case as the colour of the blanket pulls a bit of the attention, while in black and white it creates a hugging space only.
  • Options
    edited January 30, 2007
    Thanks Ted. I agree the colour just doesn't do it for me either. Problem is I can't decide which BW to have done in 8x10s for the grandparents...lol

Seneca, I may reshoot today and see what I come up with. The more I look at it, the more the stitching on that blanket annoys me.