My Take on Numbers

FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
edited February 3, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Living as I do with a Sudoku addict, it seemed logical to catch him at it for this challenge. Comments and suggestions welcome.

126547717-L.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Virginia

Email

Comments

• sunitasunita Registered Users Posts: 210 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2007
    Flyinggina wrote:
    Living as I do with a Sudoku addict, it seemed logical to catch him at it for this challenge. Comments and suggestions welcome.

126547717-L.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Virginia

Great shot! (am a bit of a sudoku addict too ;-))

Sunita
  • erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2007
    FG,

I think a Sudoku shot is a great idea for this challenge. I would try to bump up the contrast on this picture and the back of the head in the shot is a bit distracting. Good concept!

Erich
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2007
    Thanks Sunita and Erich.

Erich, I take your point both about the contrast and the blurry back of the head. The blur bothers me too so I have cropped the photo and upped the contrast. Is this better? I may reshoot anyway, so any thoughts for improvement would be appreciated.

BTW, I discovered while trying to set up this shot that my husband is a method actor at heart. He insisted on actually working on the puzzle before having his photo taken instead of just copying in some random numbers from the solution page. He is disappointed that no one has noticed that the entered numbers are correct both literally and in terms of the fact that they are logical solutions this early in the puzzle. Actors are soooo tempermental. rolleyes1.gif

Thanks! Virgnia

126725508-L.jpg

Email
  • hysonhyson Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
    edited February 2, 2007
    Freakin Suduko puzzles!

I tried to one and my ears started to bleed!! ne_nau.gif

I like the adjusted contrast one.
    Pentax *ist DL | Sony Cybershot DSC-S60
  • Jon HarrisJon Harris Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited February 3, 2007
    I liked the cropped verison a lot. The black and white touch makes it stand out. thumb.gif
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2007
    like the cropped version very well. Boy, your subject draws/writes? numbers as neatly as the publisher. eek7.gif
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
    edited February 3, 2007
    urbanaries wrote:
    l Boy, your subject draws/writes? numbers as neatly as the publisher. eek7.gif

Yes he does. You should see the puzzles when I do them. Big difference!! Yet I am the tidier of the two of us. rolleyes1.gif Actually, he always uses a really sharp pencil and has a fresh eraser handy. Me, I just use whatever stub I can find. rolleyes1.gif

Oh and thank you for the comment. I agree that it works better than my first try.

Virginia

Email
    edited February 3, 2007
    Hyson and Jon - Thank you for commenting on my higher contrast version. I hated to get rid of the "artist" but he was just too distracting. mwink.gif

Hyson, Sudoku can actually be fun once you get into it. A few months ago we had to spend a lot of time waiting in doctors' offices under anxious conditions and doing the puzzles helped not only to pass the time but to keep our minds fully occupied so no negative thoughts could intrude. Happily, things turned out OK, but I have developed a fondness for the little puzzles, even if I am not an addict (or so she says :D).

Virginia

Email