Eek, IE 7 won't let me join!

WrenTheBlurryWrenTheBlurry Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
edited January 30, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Greetings!

I was hovering between joining SmugMug and Flickr, with an edge towards here, though after browsing through the Digital Grin, I was sold. So, I tried to purchase a standard subscription using a referral link (thanks JFriend!), and got a message I've seen plenty of times before about the page containing both secure and nonsecure items, and do I want to display the nonsecure items?

I select "YES" (note: I get the same error when I select "NO" as well), and then get this error: "Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site https://www.smugmug.com/signup.mg. Operation aborted" My only choice is to click "OK", and then the window is gone.

I have not yet done the Magical Reboot, so I will try that now. In fact, I probably should have done that *first*, but I was pretty excited to make a post here, even if it was for a problem. :)

On an unrelated note (feel free to thwap me if it is extremely non-kosher to put two different topics under one heading), I read this:

"As long as you're using SmugMug account for photo sharing, posting photos to forums & blogs and inviting visitors to view your galleries, your traffic is unlimited. We won't put a cap on your popularity, no matter what your account level."

Does that mean the bandwidth restrictions are only for downloads, and not for people viewing your pictures?

many thanks,

Patrice (AKA Wren)

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2007
    Greetings!

I was hovering between joining SmugMug and Flickr, with an edge towards here, though after browsing through the Digital Grin, I was sold. So, I tried to purchase a standard subscription using a referral link (thanks JFriend!), and got a message I've seen plenty of times before about the page containing both secure and nonsecure items, and do I want to display the nonsecure items?

I select "YES" (note: I get the same error when I select "NO" as well), and then get this error: "Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site https://www.smugmug.com/signup.mg. Operation aborted" My only choice is to click "OK", and then the window is gone.

I have not yet done the Magical Reboot, so I will try that now. In fact, I probably should have done that *first*, but I was pretty excited to make a post here, even if it was for a problem. :)
    Ack! Let us know, sorry for this hassle. I'm investigating right now. Do try closing your browser, and reopening it. I can get to the signup page just fine in IE7...
    On an unrelated note (feel free to thwap me if it is extremely non-kosher to put two different topics under one heading), I read this:

"As long as you're using SmugMug account for photo sharing, posting photos to forums & blogs and inviting visitors to view your galleries, your traffic is unlimited. We won't put a cap on your popularity, no matter what your account level."

Does that mean the bandwidth restrictions are only for downloads, and not for people viewing your pictures?

many thanks,

Patrice (AKA Wren)
    Bandwidth is for anyone viewing your photos. And it's unlimited thumb.gif
  • WrenTheBlurryWrenTheBlurry Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2007
    Whoah, thank you for the super-speedy response! All is well after a reboot (*hits self on head*), although those 'do you want to display the nonsecure item' boxes seem to come up with each new window. No biggie, it works, I'm in!

Also thanks for the bandwidth answer.

Now to eat dinner, and to create a new gallery.

happy day,

wren